AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How well have you managed to get the GHK's performing? I was never really a fan of them. Then again the gen1 pro-wins are gash.

Most people hate em, but I think they/re ok. A bit rough on the finish, but once you get them into the PMAG shell, they seem to work well. I don't actually know what problems people have been having with them. My PMAG conversion was a one time thing and I'm probably never going to do it again since it was a nightmare, so I'm mainly using the G&P PMAGS now. Although I have to say the feel of polymer is much nicer than pot metal pmags LOL.

I've used them before and they were quite bad for (as I call it) gassing...just decided to jam and release all the gas.

I'd much prefer the plastic mag to G&P's new idea. Seems a bitty stupid if you ask me.

Ah, I see. I never had that issue. Just the fitment for the original housing wasn't too great. But solved that with the PMAG housing.

So, after some DIY work that ended with mixed results...

Alas, my Echo1 MA6A4, trying to look like a dumbed-down SPR. He gets second banana now, a stock that looks strange on it, and a ghetto workaround for all those dangling wires I had after moving the stock:

E1M16A4_12-29-10.jpg

My true love (in weaponry, anyway), the VFC M4 - now 20% more tacticool carbine with the addition of my Echo1's full stock:

VFCM4_12-29-10.jpg

Next up we'll see about them RISes. No Stoner is complete without tricked out rails.

Let me stress that his E1 is fantastic looking. I know it's extremely difficult to make a historically accurate retro Colt carbine in an age dominated by M4's (not that there's anything wrong with M4's). I agree that a port door is a minor detail in the grand scheme of things - but there are others that examine every bit of the evolution of the Colt carbine (e.g. flashing on the FSB, proof marks, angle of the ribs on the handguards, color of the receiver, etc.).

One of the things that I like about airsoft is that you can go ahead and make custom parts that make it look historically accurate (e.g. Retro-Cow's work on his 607)...I found it extremely difficult to build a real retro AR; I guess finding the genuine pieces is part of the fun.

Let me stress that his E1 is fantastic looking. I know it's extremely difficult to make a historically accurate retro Colt carbine in an age dominated by M4's (not that there's anything wrong with M4's). I agree that a port door is a minor detail in the grand scheme of things - but there are others that examine every bit of the evolution of the Colt carbine (e.g. flashing on the FSB, proof marks, angle of the ribs on the handguards, color of the receiver, etc.).

One of the things that I like about airsoft is that you can go ahead and make custom parts that make it look historically accurate (e.g. Retro-Cow's work on his 607)...I found it extremely difficult to build a real retro AR; I guess finding the genuine pieces is part of the fun.

Yeah sure is the truth, that's one of the few disadvantages of living in the EU :)

It's even more difficult finding retro stuff, even at large gunshows, and if you do find something it's usually overpriced anyways.

In a few you can send some ejection port covers, but with a Stoner an Browning on the way, the funds are a little dried up for the time being :P