AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, there's a 509 MM TK twist barrel. I'm only shooting 330 FPS but shooting farther and just as accurate as a Tokyo Marui GSPEC shooting 550 ;)

That's the magic of the twist barrel.

Range/ High speed setup.

Something is wrong with that dude's GSPEC then.

Is he still using the 303mm barrel? waggle.gif

Honestly, I call BS. Twist barrels are known for being gimmicks in this part of the world. A well setup VSR would damn well outshoot any AEG, just by the very nature of the system. Add in an extra 150 FPS, the far better mechanical consistency and a whole slew of other things in a well setup VSR and ammo-for ammo the VSR would out shoot any AEG, any day, you cannot get around simple mechanical principals, a fixed nozzle and far more stable VSR hop-up produces a far better shot to shot consistency than the tappet-nozzle and TM M4 hop-up system.

There is no magic pixie dust in airsoft that will give you something like what you are claiming, for that require you to throw the laws of nature to the winds.

Yes, I am a skeptic.

Believe what you want, I'll just probably end up making a video too show how good it shoots.

A gimmick? Really?

Even if you don't believe it, or wanna see how well they actually work. Buy a $25 dollar pistol one and put it in there, and see how good they work and how much it'll improve your accuracy.

In a tightbore the BB's bounce around in the barrel, hence why they produce tighter bores 6.03 6.02 etc.

The Twist barrels are riffled. Not putting a "spin on the barrel" but too put a cushion of air around the bb causing a bb to not bounce around in the barrel and causing a stable trajectory of the BB.

Believe what you want, I'll just probably end up making a video too show how good it shoots.

A gimmick? Really?

Even if you don't believe it, or wanna see how well they actually work. Buy a $25 dollar pistol one and put it in there, and see how good they work and how much it'll improve your accuracy.

In a tightbore the BB's bounce around in the barrel, hence why they produce tighter bores 6.03 6.02 etc.

The Twist barrels are riffled. Not putting a "spin on the barrel" but too put a cushion of air around the bb causing a bb to not bounce around in the barrel and causing a stable trajectory of the BB.

We know how the twist barrels work, but what your saying still doesn't seem even remotely possible.

/another Note

G&P M4A1 RAS.

DSCF8426.jpg

DSCF8436.jpg

DSCF8437.jpg

Edited by spence52490

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Made the 16" upper to RS/Prime spec with a Prime MUR upper, now it mates to the Larue Iron Airsoft lower instead of the WOC. I think its inevitable that I'll end up converting the 11.5" WOC to Prime spec also...just waiting for the right receiver set to come along...

Need to make a spacer for my WA spec Bolt carrier though so I can migrate its bolt too...

A gimmick? Really?

LOL, someone has been befuddled by advertising. You should read what you said again and tell me with a straight face that it doesn't sound like ridiculous, physics-breaking advertising mumbo-jumbo. And yes, I have seen them in use before/used them myself, the results are nowhere near what you are claiming as far as comparative performance goes. Get a KM TN or a PDI 05 in there and tune it right and it'll take a dump on magical fairy dust imparted twist barrels. Oh and BTW, there are empirical tests floating around on the interwebs (ASMech for example, if you do some digging) that prove the "twist" concept is pretty much 100% marketing drivel, tests done by people with a reputation for knowing their way around an airsoft gun, far more than any other airsoft I've ever encountered.

Example: My now-sold 350 FPS w/ excel .25s (+-5 FPS) A&K masada would easily hit a mansized target at 230 FT (talking a 5-10round burst, MAX), no arcing, just point and shoot. Why? Because if you properly clean your barrels, use good ammo, and tune your compression and hop-up you don't need gimmicks like the SCS and H-Nub, or any other magic pixie dust item. A promy purple and a well forced cylindrical nub will be more than good enough, it just takes longer to find the sweet spot (though it will be so much sweeter than an SCS system in my testing and the other tests I've seen). This was with a KM TN 363mm 6.04 TBB, which I've found to be just about the nicest barrels out there for consistent shot-to-shot placement at range. PDI 05s are about equal, with promy not far behind. I've done some testing with the twist things and TBH, it utter BS compared to anything else that is set up properly. It might be comparable in its attributes at best, but nothing more. There are a number of things (such as the relative haphazard twist rates in differing length barrels, the fact that we are using smoothbore guns with non-true circular bores and horribly inconsistent bbs pared with a fairly non-consistent backspin imparted by event he best set up hop-ups)

Edited by Vercingetorix

Sorry I should have mentioned that this was in a controlled test environment (indoor, yay!), and it was volley fire (I tried to make sure I kept the bursts at 10 bbs at the most). But I have made kills (and the current owner has as well) at and around 200+ feet with little/no arcing, though obviously this was in a more open field, with lots of obstacles you'd be hard pressed to hit something at 200+ feet and a mere 350 fps w/ .25s because the'd likely be so slow moving at that point that any impact along the way would totally ruin any chance of a hit. Of course a good 40-50 round burst at 32 RPS can be enough to nail someone at range, though :P

Edited by Vercingetorix