AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scrimp, save, and hunt. And plus when people say they're going to sell them to me, I don't back out of the sale :P

Quick family portrait... sadly the social services of Dave's repair bills are going to have to split these beauties up :(

IMG_0235.jpg

Edited by spetsnazdave87

Some interesting blasters on this page!

Hunk, love the down and dirty look. What's the reasoning behind the 2 basically identical guns? Team guns, or are they set up different internally, or what?

Kinnerley, looking very clean (especially with the E-Mag... a bit unusual!)

Elvis, dig it. Trijicon reflex?

Hunk, love the down and dirty look. What's the reasoning behind the 2 basically identical guns? Team guns, or are they set up different internally, or what?

Both are mine and are currently identical internally, both will slowly get upgrades as the stock ARES parts show any signs of wear.

I set them up more or less the same because its a very comfortable set up and everything is interchangeable. In the past I have had back ups that used different magazines or batteries and it was lame (to me) to need an entire set of magazines and batteries and possibly switch gear around. I could of gone with a different M4 variant but I always end up running them pretty bare anyhow.

Is that a G&P Leon? Madbull rail?

Precisely. G&P M4 with a Madbull Daniel Defense 9" rail. Only one AFAIK that drops in without modification. Now I'm looking for an EOTech clone, but can't pick between 551 or 552...

Edited by Leon Kennedy

I also love the TM Socom! Here's mine:

*snip*

Awesome bit of work mate, if I remember right you've got some nun-chuck type lipos to go in the KAC rail yes?

Kinnerley, looking very clean (especially with the E-Mag... a bit unusual!)

Thanks. Mag selection all depends on your gear and gun selection of course, but having used bought the P and E Mags I'll be sticking to the E version mostly myself, they behave a bit better in most pouches and obviously if you've got weapons other than ARs (which I do) they make more sense. You lose a bit on the grip side of things but I don't find it to be all that much. Each to their own though.

Precisely. G&P M4 with a Madbull Daniel Defense 9" rail. Only one AFAIK that drops in without modification. Now I'm looking for an EOTech clone, but can't pick between 551 or 552...

Having bought 3 different brands of EoTech copy from 3 different places, I'd say go with something else really if you want it to be a practical skirmishing optic. Mine are ok if you use them through a magnifier but as soon as you take them out in the sun without magnificaiton, then all you see through the glass is your own face reflecting back at you unfortunately. I'd imagine there's some out there which do work ok, but generally I'd say go with a T-1, or an aimpoint M2/M4.

they are magpul PTS EMAGs.

Yep, cheers. :)