AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice I like it! Does that rail sytem only come in that brown? Seems like thats all I have seen it in

For MK18s in general I suppose you're asking about the DD RIS II? I think real steel the DD RIS II is only available in FDE, correct me if I'm wrong. Of all the airsoft replicas available, it is available in both BLK and FDE, but I suppose FDE is still more popular because that's the color the military uses.

Sunburnthammer has the DD AR15 Lite rail on his gun which also is available in BLK and FDE.

The madbull one, which it is, also comes in black but I cant remember if it was in stock. I had to get it shipped in from HK because it was very hard to get it in the UK. I based mine on the pictures of the VFC GBB Mk18 which had the FDE (read rusty brown) RIS.

It was an absolute sod to fit. The original barrel nut it comes with does not fit G&Ps so I had to get the G&P threaded one. Even then I couldnt get it to sit flush so took it to the local shop and they did a bit of dremelling to get it to fit.

DD does make Mk18 RIS II in black but tend to be out of stock last time I checked.

I have been looking for a couple months now. If anyone knows where to source a DD RIS II MK18 in black, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know. (or if you are looking to sell your own)

How are you guys getting your DD RIS II's on your G&P M4's? Did you guys buy the G&P threaded barrel nut or re-thread the uppers or....?

G&P also do a DD RIS II; Unfortunately it lacks accurate trades and comes as part of the 'Defender' front end set including the outer barrel and gas assembly. Still, it's very nicely made and a flawless fit, and for $100 or so the whole package is a good price.

Anyhoo, while i'm here;

G&P Magpul M7A1;

P1000892.jpg

P1000884.jpg

P1000890.jpg

G&P 10.5 TRX/Close range DMR build;

P1000901.jpg

P1000896.jpg

P1000899.jpg

As I said...about 3 hours with a file. Had to reduce the thread width on the upper receiver enough for the DD barrel nut to fit. Very laborious procedure but if you start at the top and slowly work your way down it'll eventually screw on all the way.

Man than sounds wrong...

Thanks.

I heard that even the barrel nut for G&P requires dremeling. It's a shame.:(

No dremelling or real 'work' required - The only slight issue i had with mine was no outer barrel shims included so the nut didn't quite thread tight enough onto the upper, but that was easily solved with some aluminium foil and 10 of my seconds. Threading itself was perfect.

Infinity' timestamp='1300657803' post='2436288']

I sense a miscommunication :P

Hwagan is talkin about the DD rail made by g&p, which should be a flawless fit. Not about the G&P barrelnut, that's available for the Madbull rail!

Just to develop on this: G&P's DD rails only come as part of whole AEGs. They make a RIS II and a Lite. The barrel nuts for these, of course, fit effortlessly on G&P receiver threads.

BUT, the G&P DD barrel nuts cannot be used in conjunction with Mad Bull/Socom Gear DD rails, because their profile is different, and they don't fit properly in the end of the rail.

Likewise (?), the standard barrel nuts that come with the Mad Bull/Socom Gear DD rails do not fit (without work) on to G&P receiver threads, because the former are airsoft metric and the latter are imperial.

The easiest solution is to buy the Socom Gear DD barrel nut for G&P threads.

Might I add that the DD Omega rails are made to slide right onto the G&P barrel nut, so you can put it on a stock rifle without modification.

But the Omega rail doesn't need a barrel nut, it goes onto the D ring. Unless you are talking about the DD Omega X rails, then they use the same nut as the DD RIS II I think.

Or are you talking about a different RIS?