AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look great, but that khaki looks very light. Is that intentional to fit your environment, or just the lighting?

Thanks dude, i think its mostly the lighting, i may go over the PEQ and 553 with my CB krylon to blend them in with the rest of the rifle.

So I went nuts with the paint and decided that my rifle needed a makeover. I wouldn't quite call it A-TACS since the colors are not matched exactly to it, but it's a very similar style and palate.

It's dark enough to work here, and I enjoyed painting it. It was done with rattlecans and sponges by hand. If you all want a write-up or anything, let me know.

img5013d.th.jpg

img5010d.th.jpg

img5009xr.th.jpg

img5007l.th.jpg

Edited by Leon Kennedy

I like the weathering on that rifle. Looks great.

My post got a bit buried on the end of the last page; can I get some comments/criticism? Thanks!

It needs more gas block? Other wise it looks pretty legit; pretty awesome compact little blaster. I would personally paint the whole gun, but I understand you leaving the larger part of the gun unpainted to retain better resale value.

Edited by Shift

Wow lots to dig! Cat is defenentaly FTW! The lower has a really old look to it makes me think Fallout! The upper not so much though, just a tad bit too clean still. Is there a certain look you are going for overall? Maybe its suposed to look a bit newer? I guess the rail looks "too" new also but the color really helps, just do to the upper as you did to the lower ya? Also how did you get it that way?

It needs more gas block? Other wise it looks pretty legit; pretty awesome compact little blaster. I would personally paint the whole gun, but I understand you leaving the larger part of the gun unpainted to retain better resale value.

Thanks; I have a gas block being machined by a buddy for me, so hopefully it will be finished soon. Here's a few more quick snaps I took. Not sure if the pistol grip needs paint too. I'm thinking so.

img5011k.th.jpg

img5014d.th.jpg