AR15 Picture Thread

Thanks; I have a gas block being machined by a buddy for me, so hopefully it will be finished soon. Here's a few more quick snaps I took. Not sure if the pistol grip needs paint too. I'm thinking so.

Glad to see the paintjob went well - Looks awesome dude. I'd say paint the pistol grip, just to balance out the lower half of it more than anything. Looks a little out of place with all the rest of the furniture painted.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed front wired - A 7.4 2100MaH lipo is a perfect fit and they're rock solid, but i imagine they probably are widened for the battery. As for the colour, the G&P is gray, but it's a very dark shade, same as on my XM177. The stock is spring loaded as well, and G&P have added a 2nd position to the length of pull, about halfway down. Either way, here's some better pictures;

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010027.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010032.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010028.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010040.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010035.jpg

:o

I'd not even realised they were for sale in the UK yet.

Will they hold a Ni-MH battery as I'm still living in the dark ages when it comes to batteries?

Also would I go to hell for sticking a dirty great suppressor and carry handle scope on one?

Edited by evansy

:o

Will they hold a Ni-MH battery as I'm still living in the dark ages when it comes to batteries?

Also would I go to hell for sticking a dirty great suppressor and carry handle scope on one?

Wolf and Fire-support have them in right now - Wolf surprisingly being a fiver cheaper!

It'll hold a NiMh by the look of it, but no guarantees - I'll test this evening, but i'm pretty sure you'll get an 8.4 1500 in there. If not, a nunchuk type should definitely fit.

As for going to hell, you would, but you'd go there looking awesome :P

Glad to see the paintjob went well - Looks awesome dude. I'd say paint the pistol grip, just to balance out the lower half of it more than anything. Looks a little out of place with all the rest of the furniture painted.

If I could get the damn thing off! One of the four screws holding the pistol grip on is mashed a bit (either by me or factory, probably me) and I can't get a bit in there. I'll work on it tonight and get the thing painted. Now I want to paint everything in sight, but I'm out of stuff. I should open a business.

No, no they *frootcagio* won't <_< G&P are liars and frauds when it comes to battery compartments- there is no way an 8.4v mini is gonna fit in this handguard (I've been trying all afternoon and my fingertips are actually raw).

Tried 9.6v aa nunchucks, which worked in G&P XM handguards fine, and they don't fit either; look like i'm making the jump to lipo earlier than expected...

forum ate half my post...

But sorry to hear that Dave - To be fair though, G&P never said it'd take a NiMh, that's the retailers fault! :P

As for a lipo, you'll wonder why it took you so long, the trigger response is almost instant with the 2100 in it.

Oh, and Leon - Just buy another set of furniture, and paint that in a different scheme :P

Edited by hwagan

Have to say having owned a TM Car15 with the hurricane metal body kit (DON"T ASK ME WHY I SOLD IT I DON"T KNOW MYSELF OK???), the G&P blows it out of the water. The handguards are really surprisingly solid considering issues I've had with their xm and 16a1 handguards, the stock works nicely and the whole thing has a lovely weight to it.

Flashhider doesn't seem to want to come off though...

Mine took a pretty mammoth effort to remove - Get a screwdriver that fits between the prongs, receiver between your knees, and torque it like you're a dodge viper. An angry dodge viper.

(obviously it's clockwise threaded)

Edited by hwagan

So that's turn it left or right to unscrew? (just checking after the last g&p i had :P)

If you were looking down the barrel (don't!) then you would be turning it left to unscrew. Lefty loose-y, righty tight-t!

If you're holding the gun and were attaching a can of some sort, you'd be turning it right to loosen.

Alright, here's the last set of pictures, I promise. Don't mean to spam, but I finally got everything I want painted. The lighting in the shop makes the colors look a little more green than it is; it's pretty close to ATACS, more tan than olive in person.

img5017j.th.jpg

img5018u.th.jpg

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Not sure if the pistol grip needs paint too. I'm thinking so.

Depends on point of view. Depends on when You look at your replica more often - when shooting or when... "shelfing" ;). In the first case I wouldn't bother if I were You. In the second - it might need some paint job :).

As for going to hell, you would, but you'd go there looking awesome :P

Well that's the important part.

No, no they *frootcagio* won't <_< G&P are liars and frauds when it comes to battery compartments- there is no way an 8.4v mini is gonna fit in this handguard (I've been trying all afternoon and my fingertips are actually raw).

Tried 9.6v aa nunchucks, which worked in G&P XM handguards fine, and they don't fit either; look like i'm making the jump to lipo earlier than expected...

Do you think a 9.6 1400mah crane stock battery might fit? it's basically a 9.6 mini split down the middle.

It needs to be bigger (that's what she said)

I'm about to order myself one of those and I think I'll have to add my nice 240mmx40mm suppressor which I've had hanging around for years.