AR15 Picture Thread

It should have a UBR and MOE hand guards then it would truly be a magpul CAR-15.

Is it wrong that the only thing I'm not too keen on in that pic is the 30 round mag?

I bet it's got a hell of a bark with that Noveske on there too.

Dunno, without the handguards it doesn't look like a Car-15! :P

But i don't think it's wrong, i actually really like it - No intention of keeping it that way, was merely for the fun factor, but it handles very nicely. As for the Noveske, it does make a pretty rude crack, but the Car-15 moderator does basically the same. Scary loud :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took some pictures, hope you like these.

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

Systema PTW

- Cerro RS M4 Upper

- Prime CNC M4 Lower

- Milspec buffer

- Matech BUIS

- G&P M203

- RS M203 triggerguard

- RS M203 barrel 9'

- KAC RIS M203 sight

- KAC RAS

- RS M4 carryhandle

- G&P Aimpoint comp M4 (Will be changed to FDE Eotech 553)

- Insight AN-PEQ 15, FDE

- Surefire M910B, FDE

- Magpul CTR stock + cheekrest, FDE

JDizzle that dosen't happen to be the vfc aeg version does it? If so where did you purchase it? I've really been wanting one, but I am nervous about importing a trademarked m4 into the US. Anyway, it's lookin really sweet.

It is, and I bought it from AirsoftGlobal. They're pretty much my favorite store if I have to buy a gun new as everything I've bought from them in the past (Mk.18 above, VFC PDW, and a TM Glock) have all made it through unscathed. It's not a whole lot of guns, but each one was grip/electrical taped pretty carefully.

The only bad is that it was the last gun in stock and shipped from VFC without a front sight, (Supposedly) so I've got to wait for that to arrive. :rolleyes:

Edited by jdizzle921

Yeah, I noticed that you didn't have the original sights on there, but the stock and grip were what made me think VFC, then I saw it on the MiA forums after I posted here. What kind of shipping did you pick to have it shipped with, and how much did it cost you? I'll probably just get one from wgc and have them cover the trademarks. Also, was every single trade covered, or just the colt ones? Anyways, any input on the quality/performance or how it compares to your ptw?

It is, and I bought it from AirsoftGlobal. They're pretty much my favorite store if I have to buy a gun new as everything I've bought from them in the past (Mk.18 above, VFC PDW, and a TM Glock) have all made it through unscathed. It's not a whole lot of guns, but each one was grip/electrical taped pretty carefully.

The only bad is that it was the last gun in stock and shipped from VFC without a front sight, (Supposedly) so I've got to wait for that to arrive. :rolleyes:

Nice gun; shame about the sight though. I took one of mine apart and painted it with Alumahyde to match my tan VFC rear sight; it came out pretty nice IMHO.

While I'm here:

SDC10478.JPGSDC10475.JPG

Yeah, I noticed that you didn't have the original sights on there, but the stock and grip were what made me think VFC, then I saw it on the MiA forums after I posted here. What kind of shipping did you pick to have it shipped with, and how much did it cost you? I'll probably just get one from wgc and have them cover the trademarks. Also, was every single trade covered, or just the colt ones? Anyways, any input on the quality/performance or how it compares to your ptw?

I believe the total was around $520-530ish shipped to my door with express shipping and a pack of MAG brand midcaps. (100 bones for shipping, 40 for the mags) As for the comparison between the PTW and the AEG version, they're pretty much exactly the same aesthetically as I just swap out the doo-dads between the two. Performance wise the PTW is pretty much a PTW and the AEG an AEG. It's kinda complicated comparing the two to one another.

Older PTW pic:

IMG_0444.jpg

I will say that VFC definitely makes the nicest Mk18 rail I've seen to date as the color and overall ''solidness'' of the rail is pretty close to the real thing. I've seen a probably 10-15 of them on friends' guns and none have been as close as this one to the real thing. Another nice thing is that it fits flush with the VFC upper as others I've seen have had height and fitment issues.

@Kojak- I thought about doing that, but I figured I might as just wait for the FDE sight to be shipped out. I can only use one gun at a time unfortunately. :D

@Kojak- I thought about doing that, but I figured I might as just wait for the FDE sight to be shipped out. I can only use one gun at a time unfortunately. :D

Ain't that the truth.

Kojak >> looks like the grenade launcher is not very parallel.

It's mostly an optical illusion, though the DD M4 RISII is designed to hold the front of the M203 about 1mm from the barrel for a true free float.

SDC10473.JPG

You can see the mounting tabs on the far left, they bolt to the inside of the RIS and swivel up out of the way when the lower rail is used. The gap between the side rail and launcher handguard measures parallel.

@Kojak - quick question mate how did you mount the doctor sight up on top of your spectre? Also I agree with Ivan, that M203 aint straight! (Although it does look good :) )

It's on a chopped down RIS mount and held together with bad decisions (mostly Superglue). The launcher is straight, I assure you!

I don´t like the M203....without it would be...rawrr :D

The M203 is kinda the whole point of the M4 RIS II, but it's easily removed:

SDC10480.JPGSDC10479.JPG