AR15 Picture Thread

@Dark_Harvey, do you cover the open hole in the back of the stock tube? I'd think that if you're running around with the gun, that the battery could easily fall out.

You actually convinced me to run my M4 exactly how you have it, with the Lipo and Mosfet in the stock tube though.

EDIT: Is it possible to get a vid of the trigger response? I've always wanted better trigger response out of my gun, and I really want to see what the Lipo and Mosfet can do, before I sink money into it.

Edited by bbondaloose
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bbondaloose, I've actually been able to leave it as is without covering the hole as the battery fits snugly in the tube with no play. You could say it's a tight fit, ha. Yeah man, I'd be glad to throw up a trigger response vid.. I can't believe how happy I am with the FET/Lipo combo, definitely recommend it. I'll post up a vid in the morning when my battery's charged and I have some daylight to work with outside. Cheers til then!

And sorry to Agent47 for not stating in my first post, but with the battery in, the stock goes to the second position but if I close it fully the wiring sticks out the back a bit. Doesn't effect the stock collapsing otherwise.

@Crackisbad, gotta love Infected! Great FETs. I hear ya on the 7.4, I only went with the 11.1 because I don't use auto, haha. Figured I might as well blast up the trigger response since I'm not worried about shredding my innards with ten million rounds per second. By the way, you just made me look up a bunch of ProWin firing videos, and now really I want one again, haha... :P

Edited by Dark_Harvey

Here's the vids, bbondaloose. I took two and can't figure if one's better than the other, so heck, here's both. :P

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd268/Dark_Harvey/?action=view&current=MOV02395.flv

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd268/Dark_Harvey/?action=view&current=MOV02396.flv

The gun isn't set up for speed at all.. the gearbox is totally stock other than new wiring. With a speedier motor, gearset and piston and whatnot, I'm sure this could hit 40rps+++ if it isn't already. Battery is a G&P 11.1V 1200mAh Lipo as mentioned above, which cost like $25 from WGC. I use a Socom Gear Lipo charger which cost about $40. All in all, best money I've ever spent on upgrades.

Here's the vids, bbondaloose. I took two and can't figure if one's better than the other, so heck, here's both. :P

http://s222.photobuc...nt=MOV02395.flv

http://s222.photobuc...nt=MOV02396.flv

The gun isn't set up for speed at all.. the gearbox is totally stock other than new wiring. With a speedier motor, gearset and piston and whatnot, I'm sure this could hit 40rps+++ if it isn't already. Battery is a G&P 11.1V 1200mAh Lipo as mentioned above, which cost like $25 from WGC. I use a Socom Gear Lipo charger which cost about $40. All in all, best money I've ever spent on upgrades.

Thanks a lot bud :D

That's exactly what I want out of my M4. My G&P 8mm GB should be able to handle the lipo just fine too. I'm going with a 11.1V 1200 mAh 20C and an Infected Mosfet, since it seems to be working perfectly for you.

I do use full auto sometimes, but I guess I'll stick to short 2 second bursts. My midcaps are going to suicide when I full auto with the Lipo set up :P

Bit of an odd question, but does anybody know where I could buy a buffer tube that is threaded at the receiver end and is secured by a castle nut but will take AEG spec stocks? Got a 5ku buffer tube for another project thinking that a PTS ASC would fit it, but it doesn't. I need the threading/nut instead of any of any other mounting system commonly used on AEGs

Is this for a STAR/ARES MBK? I got a 5KU buffer tube to work with mine fine, and it fits milspec stocks well too.

Its for my AK, actually. The only good way to make the stock adapter involves using a threaded stock tube, but my 5ku won't fit the PTS ACS I have. Thread size is irrelevant btw as the adapter hasn't been made yet. 

Ah awesome, lipos seem like alot of effort though (i havnt kept updated with them).

Aznriptide; what flashlight is that? And where did you pick up that barrel mount? Cheers

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Laser_Rail_and_Light_Mounts_AEG_GBB_JUST_Flashlight_and_Laser_Mount_for_Rifle.htm

Bit of an odd question, but does anybody know where I could buy a buffer tube that is threaded at the receiver end and is secured by a castle nut but will take AEG spec stocks? Got a 5ku buffer tube for another project thinking that a PTS ASC would fit it, but it doesn't. I need the threading/nut instead of any of any other mounting system commonly used on AEGs

You mean like the one on a Gr16?

Is anyone here crazy enough, besides Squid, to own a Specter DR?

Whether it's used on an AR or airsoft rifle it doesn't matter. I just want to know if your sight picture is hindered alot if you mount a PEQ-15 at the 12 o'clock position.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

I don't think so Luis. There is a pic floating around of a SEAL with a DR and a 12 o'clock mounted PEQ so I don't think it hinders the sight picture too much. (Unless I am remembering the picture wrong... I'll try to dig it up.)

-OGGY

Here's one of a foreign soldier in training:

14jt5ig.jpg

He has a 15 and a FSP in front of him so I don't see why not...

I also saw like 5 other pics of SEALs and 15s at the 12 o'clock position so I think it should be fine. I am officially starting my Block II build OGGY, I have a 15 and an FDE SOPMOD on the way as well as a Mk.18 RIS II.

-Luis