AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the LaRue and LR3000 are beautiful :D

What brand barrel is that on the GBBR? Never seen a barrel that chrome.

Barrels - no brand, they were machined for us in a workshop. They're actually not very shiny, just look this way in pictures - natural brushed steel colour.

It is in fact the plastic receiver version! The receiver is very solid, and very nice. I'll be keeping the upper as is, and building another upper with the metal receiver that's flying over to me as we speak. We're actually still issued the Matech BUIS, but I prefer the Troy design over the Matech. Aside from the receiver markings, I'm trying to build a copy of my issued M4.

Blowback is strong, enough so that I'm wondering if the hard recoil spring set I purchased from eBayBanned will do bad things to my receiver.

The RIS is an A&K model, and needed to have the front retainer replaced with a Classic Army one (although, to be quite honest, the stock one will work with about 5 minutes with a hand file - I just had this handy).

I went ahead and mounted a spare 'Aimpoint' on it to get a feel for the balance. With a magazine in it's very well balanced and to be honest feels 'right' in the hands. The PAQ4 is going to get switched for a PEQ15 when it shows up, but only because it's what we're issued now. I'm a fan of the PAQ-4 (at least the G&P offering) as it's solid and reliable.

IMG_4081.jpg

It's funny - I bought this to try to transplant the internals into an A&K Masada, but I'm rather fond of it as-is.

Defintely, the G&P Laser boxes PAQ-4C and 2A are insanely good.

By the way, your upper receiver will be fine, you need to worry about your charging handle instead as that is where the carrier is stopped via the carrier key on a WA system.

Looking good.

-Luis

Good to know. Right now I'm trying to find a spare AGM upper as a spare upper while I wait for the metal receiver set (G&P) to come in. Ideally I'd have two metal uppers as opposed to a metal and a plastic one, but the AGM uppers are out of stock everywhere so it looks like I missed the boat.

Good to know. Right now I'm trying to find a spare AGM upper as a spare upper while I wait for the metal receiver set (G&P) to come in. Ideally I'd have two metal uppers as opposed to a metal and a plastic one, but the AGM uppers are out of stock everywhere so it looks like I missed the boat.

Yeah, they're hard to come by right now, unfortunately.

-Luis