AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much done, besides a 2 pt sling. Got the the Angle-Locs on Saturday (shame I wasn't able to get the RDS on before my weekend OP), and also made a few paracord sling mounts. Gun received some nice wear and tear during the weekend; going to have to put my "keep-in-pristine" syndrome and try to give it as much wear as possible.

IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5669.jpg

IMG_5670.jpg

Very nice setup. How much did you pay for the Prime SR-16 reciever set?

I don't tell how much I paid for things in most cases, it's just how I am. I did get it from Boomarms though.

The Vainguard. You don't see too many of these: http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=75

What rail are you getting to replace it? Why?

Yeah, I'm getting a DD M4 9.0 Rail (I know, lower end DD but bear with me for a sec). Once I custom cut my barrel down to 8.2" - 8.5" I will rethread the barrel to 14mm+. This will allow me to have the KX3 sit inside the rail, which is what I wanted to do with the CASV, but realized I like quad rails much better. After much research I found that, one of the only quad rails that would allow the KX3 to tuck underneath it is the DD M4 rail.

I will be using the DD 9.5" FSP Lite or DD 12.0 FSPM Lite paired with a VLTOR VST for my second upper.

Here's my baby:

DSC_0072_20100530_327.jpg

I'm just not that happy about the Aimpoint micro t-1 replica. It's some cheap china cr*p. It once became fogged on the inside on a rainy day and overall it's not bright enough for a sunny day.

So if anyone has a suggestion for an alternative, shoot :)

Edited by Mr. Icecube

Go with G&P - About £30ish, 5 brightness settings for both red and green, solidly built, easily adjustable and overall an excellent value for money red dot. I love mine - Easily bright enough for the brightest of extra bright sunny days 'n all.

IMG_1819.jpg

The G&P M16A4 WOC in final form. Only change may be the addition of a Specter 3 point sling, but nothing major. Internally it functions, finally, and I have another bolt carrier on the way which should hopefully also produce fun results :)

Still can't get the burst to work correctly all the time, not sure as to why either, but ohh well!

G&P M4A1, Best Brand I've Bought And So Far VERY Impressive, Hvn't Got To Shoot It Yet Due To The Dean's Connectors But That Comes With The Upgrade Of Buying A Nice AEG For Once. Figured I Share The Love. Got A QD NT4 For It And A MAG 190 Metal Midcap In The Well.

DSCN1054.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg