AR15 Picture Thread

there are too many styles of ARs too recommend, i suggest you choose a style, buy a base gun and work on it. G&P, KWA AEGs will do great as a base gun if you want some good reliability and out of the box performance.

@RacingManiac, the GBBR looks sweet! BTW-what TV channel are you watching? i heard "riflescopes" and "camo jackets" somewhere in the audio

Would you recommend SOCOM gear?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i can tell, i think the SCGs come with rail systems so you wouldnt have to build up your gun as much. i'd say they would be fine as well. i just cant comment on thier internal quality as i have never had one. i recommended G&P and KWA as i know, from hands on experience and others knowledge that they are solid out of the box performers. there are KWAs and G&Ps on the market with preinstalled rail systems as well if you are interested.

-brendan

Perfect!

That's beautiful Kojak. :D

Very nice Kojak.

Thanks guys! My MK18 GBBR is more complete with the proper sights, sling mounts, and Colt body; this was just supposed to be my night gun but it just might deserve a Hurricane kit.

Kojak........PLEASE tell me what that rail is and where I can get one - it's exactly what I'm looking for!

its a daniel defense MK18 RIS II 9.5" i have a black one made by element

Close, but it's the 12" version from SG/Madbull. It's brand new; AFAIK only ASGI has them for now.

Looks like a DD M4a1 RIS II.

Real SpecterDR?

Beautiful build...

Right about the rail, but the Specter DR is just an ACM model that I painted.

And for my fellow Block 2 fans, VFC now sells the rare tan sights from their MK18 separately: front and rear along with an LMT Crane stock. I've no idea why the front sight costs 2.5x what the rear does, but you can be cheap like me and spray a little Alumahyde on a black one:

SDC10910.JPG

Edited by kojak

Thanks guys! My MK18 GBBR is more complete with the proper sights, sling mounts, and Colt body; this was just supposed to be my night gun but it just might deserve a Hurricane kit.

Close, but it's the 12" version from SG/Madbull. It's brand new; AFAIK only ASGI has them for now.

Right about the rail, but the Specter DR is just an ACM model that I painted.

And for my fellow Block 2 fans, VFC now sells the rare tan sights from their MK18 separately: front and rear along with an LMT Crane stock. I've no idea why the front sight costs 2.5x what the rear does, but you can be cheap like me and spray a little Alumahyde on a black one:

link

Hey Kojak,

Do you know the specs of the threading for the RIS 2?

What type of barrel is that too?

IronWolf: Please brush up on the forum rules & refrain from quoting pictures in future.

Edited by IronWolf

Do you know the specs of the threading for the RIS 2?

The Mad Bull RIS IIs, the Mk.18 and the M4A1, and all the other Mad Bulls come to that, come with a barrel nut threaded for standard airsoft AEG receivers (metric: G&G, CA, KWA, KA, VFC, etc.). MB makes special barrel nuts for their DD and Noveske rails that are specifically threaded for G&P AEG and WA and WE GBBRs (there are three different versions of each nut for each rail).

Gotta assume that ACM DD rails are the same.

really based on user preference, I like the standart better than a chunky moe

Quite aware of the fact choice of pistol grip is down to user preference, but I've got fairly small hands and I don't find the MOE too big at all, and when I first tried one compared to being used to the A2 for a couple of years it was a massive step up; hence why I made the suggestion. That's kind of a big part of this forum really, trying to give people advice you feel they may potentially benefit from. Everything in airsoft is user presence, but if we all thought that all the time large chunks of this forum would be entirely redundant.

Nice setup mate, that looks like a damn good skirmishing gun, though you might benefit from a MOE grip, I generally find they're a lot more comfortable than the A2 style. What's the optic like?

The acog's a G&P one, Really nice and clear optic quality, eye relief is pretty good too. The reflex looking sight is a dummy one which came packaged with it, might swap it for a working one at some point.

Grip wise, I prefer the A2 one in both use and aesthetics, may get one of those moe verti grips which fix directly onto the handguard.

The acog's a G&P one, Really nice and clear optic quality, eye relief is pretty good too. The reflex looking sight is a dummy one which came packaged with it, might swap it for a working one at some point.

Grip wise, I prefer the A2 one in both use and aesthetics, may get one of those moe verti grips which fix directly onto the handguard.

Nice one, cheers mate.

G&G combat machine

DSC06678.jpg

Nothing that hasn't been done before or that original, but a fun gift for the gf

DSC06667.jpg

DSC06675.jpg

DSC06677.jpg

DSC06679.jpg

[soon to be] hers and mine

CA M15A4 CQB, bought in 2006, internally stock

CA M203, only put on for photos and fun

G&P Aimpoint Comp2, had it for even longer than M15

CA Offset Mount

Fold-over carry handle

G&G SS100 silencer

Edited by squeakyL

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

The collection as it stands ATM.

All three guns are WIPs.

From top:

Custom M727 (G&P externals for the most part, total mutt on the inside but upgraded with the good stuff)

VFC based SR15 16" (VFC externals with Magpul USA and TD furniture, inside its got a Haynes box, RIOTSC gearset, etc, etc)

VFC SR15 "Combat master" SBR (currently all VFC, but its getting a pro-win GB, and got some magpul goodies on the way, real EOTech 552 might or might not stay, I have a Dytac T1 in KAC mount to replace it)

Edited by Vercingetorix