AR15 Picture Thread

I think Opticsplanet carries them. I don't believe they are military issued so they are widely available to civilians.

And the same works for 553 ?

Just curious. Completely out of my (wallet) range ;).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hwagan >> how does this hand guard work? Finish and stuff I mean.

I was actually really pleasantly surprised; For a start, i took a complete gamble as to wether it'd fit G&P receiver threading, which it did (fairly tight on the threads, but no sanding or filing or anything). The finish is a really nice blued steel kind of effect, and it's got full Troy markings with no spelling errors, nicely laser engraved on the top rail. Also really nicely machined, no burrs or sharp bits. It cost $58 from EhobbyAsia, that's including the 3 rails and bolts. The Dytac version was $64, and didn't include any rails at all. It's also installed as per the RS instructions.

Still, strangely, it's no longer listed on Ehobby's website... Not sure why that is exactly, but it's a very nice rail, and very lightweight too.

Yeah, on second thoughts, it was always destined to be an SBR. Handles like an Mp5k with a stock and weighs a measured 2,650g with a 7.4 1100, T-1 and loaded mag. Just looks and feels so much better without the can, and the hacksaw'd inner barrel setup is just as good as my other AR's. Seems it's far more down to hop than barrel length. I've also decided to nickname it T-Rex, because every time i say 'TRX' i end up naming aforementioned dinosaur instead.

Anyhoo, on with the whoring.

P1000755.jpg

P1000761.jpg

Think those rail covers spoil it. I'd replace em with black ladder style. Still each to their own, nice gun.

The bottom one is a comfort thing, but the 3 on the top i'm still deciding as to wether i like them or not... They kind of add a bit of colour when i'm holding the thing. Might change them over for ladders eventually, although i reckon they'd be FG ones...

I got myself into the KJW club about two months ago and finally got enough funds to finish my build:

KJWM42.jpg

KJWM43.jpg

KJW GBBR M4

Cradle Airsoft velocity reducer, tightbore, and BCG extension

Madbull JP Rifles flash hider

ACM m900 weaponlight and Eotech xps-2

Ready-mag spraypainted tan

Magpul FDE MBUS, CTR stock, MOE grip, rail covers, trigger guard, and BAD Lever.

The bottom one is a comfort thing, but the 3 on the top i'm still deciding as to wether i like them or not... They kind of add a bit of colour when i'm holding the thing. Might change them over for ladders eventually, although i reckon they'd be FG ones...

What's the flash hider? Doesn't look familiar...

Finally had some time to start work on these two :D

First up, G&P MRP Combat Long

Looks like you've got your triple-tap break upside down on that one mate, some shims should sort that out if the FH came with any. Unless that's just done for preference of course, in which case carry on; very good choice of weapons.

What's the flash hider? Doesn't look familiar...

It's a STAR LE Compensator, whatever that may be a replica of... http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/star-le-compensator-flash-hider-14mm-positive.html I thought it went quite well with the TRX, what with the holes.

Also, bladerunner; they're both piles of awesome.

Looks like you've got your triple-tap break upside down on that one mate, some shims should sort that out if the FH came with any. Unless that's just done for preference of course, in which case carry on; very good choice of weapons.

Lol, I just realised that, thanks for pointing that out mate! :)

TBH, still not that sure on the KAC TT, and I still need to add a bit more furniture on it na d work on the internals but I'm just so skint right now :blink:

And Cheers hwagan, BTW, funds recieved, Eotech winging its way to you Monday via RM SD.

Edited by bladerunner168

Anyone have pictures of a Block II CQBR with a M203 mounted?

Can anyone explain to me what Daniel Defense is trying to say?

"The Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II is designed to work specifically on the MK18 CQBR! The Daniel Defense Rail Interface System (RIS II) was designed at the request of the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II program. SOCOM had a specific requirement for a free float M203 solution and Daniel Defense responded, designing a revolutionary product to meet the government’s need.

The RIS II MK18 is NOT compatible with an M203.

The Daniel Defense RIS II is to be used in conjunction with the MK12 Low Profile Gas Block. The Daniel Defense RIS II free-floating Picatinny rail systems are designed to allow individual operator to quickly, and without special tools, mount M203 Grenade Launcher and precisely mount SOPMOD accessories to host weapon without effecting point of impact. The Daniel Defense RIS II is an innovative upgrade to the M4 platform and is available for commercial purchase directly from Daniel Defense or any authorized distributor."

(from http://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/mk18-rail-interface-system-ii-ris-ii-91.html )

Can anyone explain to me what Daniel Defense is trying to say?

"The Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II is designed to work specifically on the MK18 CQBR! The Daniel Defense Rail Interface System (RIS II) was designed at the request of the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II program. SOCOM had a specific requirement for a free float M203 solution and Daniel Defense responded, designing a revolutionary product to meet the government's need.

The RIS II MK18 is NOT compatible with an M203.

The Daniel Defense RIS II is to be used in conjunction with the MK12 Low Profile Gas Block. The Daniel Defense RIS II free-floating Picatinny rail systems are designed to allow individual operator to quickly, and without special tools, mount M203 Grenade Launcher and precisely mount SOPMOD accessories to host weapon without effecting point of impact. The Daniel Defense RIS II is an innovative upgrade to the M4 platform and is available for commercial purchase directly from Daniel Defense or any authorized distributor."

(from http://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/mk18-rail-interface-system-ii-ris-ii-91.html )

The M4 RIS II (12") has M203 attachments, the MK18 RIS II (9.5") is indeed not intended for use with a launcher. I think I've seen a photo somewhere where it was mounted anyway with a little creativity.

So a light, lovely gun kind of happened this morning while diving around in my parts bin:

IMG_20101213_093822.jpg

Of course I immediately started shopping for a KAC VFG and PEQ-2. Does it need a different stock and rear sight?