AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had any experience with this outer barrel? http://new.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=1540&cateId=151

I got it for my TM M4 and all the dimensions are off; everything about the area for the front sight is wrong. The part of the barrel that stops the sight and the notches for the pins to secure it to the barrel are too far forward. The only thing currently holding my front sight to my gun is the small retaining screw that goes underneath. Furthemore, since my front sight isn't secure, neither is my RIS system.

Any ideas what is wrong/how to fix it? Normally I would roll up the sleeves and have some fun dremeling but since this is a major component, I'm hesitant.

Carter

EDIT:

100_9832.jpg

Here is a picture of the problem I have. As you can see, there is about a .5cm gap that shouldn't be there. You will also be able to see that there is no daylight on the other side of the pin holes; they are entirely blocked by the outer barrel.

Edited by Carter

Sorry, I cannot edit. Well releasing the delta ring and sliding everything forward seems to have temporarily fixed my problem. While it may not be realistic, at least it works. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow.

Carter

EDIT: Off topic but is the little tension lever on the CTR stock really worth the extra money over a normal MOE stock?

Edited by Carter

Sorry, I cannot edit. Well releasing the delta ring and sliding everything forward seems to have temporarily fixed my problem. While it may not be realistic, at least it works. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow.

you need a real-style delta ring and a set of real-length rails for that barrel. the tm rails are just a hair too short if i remember right.

So Im working on a compact setup, trying to figure out a rail system that can take a battery in it? Was looking at the TRX anyone have any experience with fiting a battery inside possibly? I want to use a standard stock, may have to just go with a crane style or unless Im just not seeing a nice sleek battery box option? This is what I have at the moment

DSC00230.jpg

First post.

My CA X Series (at-least the receivers :rolleyes:) with a whole lot of goodies on the outside and inside.

Externals:

- X Series Receivers

- Crane Stock

- CQBR Front Kit

- Element M951

- PRO&T Peq-15

- G&P Aimpoint

- G&P Killflash

- Element Wilcox mount

- Element KAC QD Suppressor

- Arms #40 Rear BUIS

I wont bore you with the internals. :)

My indoor pic of the rifle straight on didn't turn out. If you would like me to post one I can take a pic of it outside.

Picture316.jpg

So Im working on a compact setup, trying to figure out a rail system that can take a battery in it? Was looking at the TRX anyone have any experience with fiting a battery inside possibly? I want to use a standard stock, may have to just go with a crane style or unless Im just not seeing a nice sleek battery box option? This is what I have at the moment.

CASV and S-System are the usual suspects for fitting a battery in the rail system. Unless you've got a very low-profile and thin lipo.

Another rail to look at would be the Badger Ordance, seems like you could stuff something down in there.

Any which way, you want something that stands off the barrel quite a bit. Seems like the Troy is actually smaller (diameter) than most, and so tends to hug the barrel.

So Im working on a compact setup, trying to figure out a rail system that can take a battery in it? Was looking at the TRX anyone have any experience with fiting a battery inside possibly? I want to use a standard stock, may have to just go with a crane style or unless Im just not seeing a nice sleek battery box option? This is what I have at the moment

You could always wire it to the rear and put a stick lipo battery in the buffer tube. I love using that kind of set up on my M4's.