AR15 Picture Thread

Slightly switched about the set-up on my noveske build.

Thinking about picking up a ctr to replace the moe stock although the moe is solid enough on the tube as is so a ctr wouldn't really offer any benefit.

I reckon a Noveske Switchblock would look nice!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your saying 230 feet, you do know the maximum shots I've ever seen with guns is around 250-300 the longest ever was with a APS2.. And after that was a Asashi M60 with LRB shooting people a whole football field (300 feet)

So your saying you can make 230 feet with your setup but I cannot with mine?

What's up with people these days. Doesn't mean that you couldn't find the right set up, doesn't mean I couldn't with this setup.

I'm done with arguing on the Internet there's no point in all, I was just claiming. Don't get your little panties in a bunch now, this is all just a sport, and the forum.

Now let's see them beautiful rifles guys!!

Nice setup racingmaniac, love your work!

Your saying 230 feet, you do know the maximum shots I've ever seen with guns is around 250-300 the longest ever was with a APS2.. And after that was a Asashi M60 with LRB shooting people a whole football field (300 feet)

So your saying you can make 230 feet with your setup but I cannot with mine?

What's up with people these days. Doesn't mean that you couldn't find the right set up, doesn't mean I couldn't with this setup.

I'm done with arguing on the Internet there's no point in all, I was just claiming. Don't get your little panties in a bunch now, this is all just a sport, and the forum.

Now let's see them beautiful rifles guys!!

Nice setup racingmaniac, love your work!

He's just asking that you not make wild claims that lack empiracal evidence of existance. Those wild *albatross* claims are what set this, a quality board, apart from places like Airsoftforum and Airsoftretreat. It has been proven repeatedly that the TK barrels are inferior to a properly tuned AEG with tightbore. Check ASM and other reputable boards and see for yourself.

He's just asking that you not make wild claims that lack empiracal evidence of existance. Those wild *albatross* claims are what set this, a quality board, apart from places like Airsoftforum and Airsoftretreat. It has been proven repeatedly that the TK barrels are inferior to a properly tuned AEG with tightbore. Check ASM and other reputable boards and see for yourself.

This, thank god someone gets it.

Honestly, it isn't about your abilities as a tech or my "panties getting in a bunch," its about stopping nonsensical/garbage technical knowledge proliferating on hubs of airsoft information. There is actual physics derived and empirical information on reliable places like ASMech that show that the twist barrel theory/idea is on the whole, a load of ######. It might work to a point, but a well tuned standard AEG with a quality and well maintained barrel WILL outshoot it day in, day out. I've worked as an AEG tech for 2 years now, and been building my own guns for quite a while longer, and the amount of complete and utter trash that I have seen propagated and disseminated throughout the airsoft community, whether online or in person is, quite frankly, shocking and appalling. Your claim does not make sense from an engineering or physics standpoint. Think about it, and I hope you'll understand. It is just about impossible for an AEG to be anywhere near on par with an equally well set up BASR, it just WILL NOT happen, so your "claim" just sounds incredibly ridiculous and I hate seeing that kind of stuff bandied about where it might be taken for gospel (which such claims all too often are).

And if 250 feet is the max you've ever seen out of an SWS then that VSR you claim to be maxed out and properly tuned is anything but. A properly tuned VSR CAN and WILL hit the 300' mark (thought not every time) , and I have personally seen with my own two eyes, multiple times, both in game (though that is more dubious by far) and through empirical testing with an SWS tech friend of mine a VSR reach out and hit 300' feet man-sized targets. Is it easy? No, it takes skill behind the trigger and the work bench to perform at these extremes, but it is doable.

In addition, my claim of 230 feet is something I actually tested with a long *albatross* spool of measuring tape and a target. It was the absolute max of a "somewhat" effective range. Would it be usable in games, yes, at times (such as when I had the higher ground in a fairly unobstructed field, or when I had the drop on an unsuspecting enemy in an near-open field with little wind), but most often no. And I corrected myself by saying it was volley fire, not semi-auto plinking, which makes it all the more possible, you should check out some of H$5's builds or Trichrome's (or be on the recieving end :flamed: ), then ask me again.

Edited by Vercingetorix

Racingmaniac, is that a real TR24, please tell me you don't play with that.... Very jealous if you can't tell, I've been trying to save for one for quite a while.

It is a TR24....and it is real...and I have gamed it....though not nearly enough time as I'd like...

Get a KM TN or a PDI 05 in there and tune it right and it'll take a dump on magical fairy dust imparted twist barrels. Oh and BTW, there are empirical tests floating around on the interwebs (ASMech for example, if you do some digging) that prove the "twist" concept is pretty much 100% marketing drivel, tests done by people with a reputation for knowing their way around an airsoft gun, far more than any other airsoft I've ever encountered.

Why don't people understand that you can find anything proving everything and that internet "tests" hold as much value as a test done by me in the toilet aka faeces, no matter how much you believe that the persons that are doing it are "airsoft geniuseseseses".

TBH i have a TM P226 with a Prometheus 6.01mm TB and a TM G17 with a TK twist barrel ( same length ) and i can't tell much difference between them ( although the TK does need less hopup to spin the .27g bb's i use with them ). They shoot around the 310~320fps mark and can easily shoot to >50m with .27g. They are both good barrels, stop havin your nannies in a bunch <_<

I was trying to think of a reason why people shouldn't buy TK twist barrels and I figured that since they have those grooves inside they must be more expensive than smooth bore barrels, and since they perform the same (or so I've heard), then you're just throwing your money away if you get one. However, I did a quick search and turns out they're actually pretty affordable. So next time I'm shopping for a barrel I'll get one, just as an experiment.

I was trying to think of a reason why people shouldn't buy TK twist barrels and I figured that since they have those grooves inside they must be more expensive than smooth bore barrels, and since they perform the same (or so I've heard), then you're just throwing your money away if you get one. However, I did a quick search and turns out they're actually pretty affordable. So next time I'm shopping for a barrel I'll get one, just as an experiment.

The reason that people don't buy Tk twist barrels is because they are a marketing gimmick. Somewhere in Taiwan, Tanio Koba is laughing smugly into the sunset as he drives off in the luxury car you ding-a-lings bought him.

Physics doesn't lie, or get fooled by marketing. People, especially those with product to move, do.

When you can show the science behind the TK barrel to be anything more than imagination and horse feces, I'll be the first to apologize and buy one for both you and me.

Mods, I apologize for hijacking the thread, but such blatant and malicious ignorance cannot be ignored.

And it has been shown to markedly increase distance at lower velocities. I don't know by how much but from what I've heard something shooting 350 w/ .2g bb could expect to range like the same thing shooting 400fps w/ . 2g bb or better.

Kinda one of the safe bets in airsoft is if TK is willing to put his name behind a product it works. It may not be magic but it will at least help.

We do have a thread somewhere on this forum with the data to show the twist barrels do work in some capacity at lower powers.

And it has been shown to markedly increase distance at lower velocities. I don't know by how much but from what I've heard something shooting 350 w/ .2g bb could expect to range like the same thing shooting 400fps w/ . 2g bb or better.

Kinda one of the safe bets in airsoft is if TK is willing to put his name behind a product it works. It may not be magic but it will at least help.

We do have a thread somewhere on this forum with the data to show the twist barrels do work in some capacity at lower powers.

######.

Every TK twist barrel I have seen at best gave a performance equal to a 6.03mm smooth tightbore when all other things were kept identical, with the exception of the reccurent fliers the TK twist barrels kept giving, especially with longer barrels. Ranges were identical.

All claims of more range can be dismissed at hand because there's really only two ways to achieve it:

-more speed

-more lift

And since we're not touching the muzzle velocity and since there's only one way a BB can spin backwards then neither of the above could be the case. People in the classic airsoft world make similar claims about LRB's and those sound equally fishy. Anecdotes in general should be taken with a grain of salt and I've personally never seen an airsofter measure the range of their gun by any other means than just eyeballing it.

Accuracy is another matter. It can't be modelled with simple physics or judged by intuition, you need a test. Since people seem to be reporting that the accuracy is about the same as with a regular tightbore, then it boils down to one thing, price. You can get a TK twist barrel for the same price you'd pay for a Prometheus tightbore. Because of this, I'd personally buy one just so I can give it a go myself.

Edited by Yuri

The whole wot am best barrel/hop rubber/etc thing is pointless. Different guns like different set-ups, it just takes fiddling and tuning and a bit of luck. I've got 3 guns that have the same length barrel and are built on the same platform with the same kind of FPS; They all have totally different barrels and hops, which i've settled on after testing several in each gun.

A PDI 6.01 might make one 14.5" M4 shoot lasers to 60 metres - The same barrel in another 14.5" M4 by the same manufacturer from the same batch with the same FPS might be junk.

Anyhoo, Dave - Nicest SFW i've seen in a while. Elcan really suits it. +1 to you sir.

I've got a G&P 4 x 32 ACOG on my latest build and it's a really, really good optic - Crystal clear, razor sharp crosshair and generally awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the Spectre, but isn't there the proper 1-4x one coming out fairly soon? Hold out for that one i reckon.