AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My contribution: (please ignore unconventional flash hider and attachment system; I'm waiting for my local machine shop to acquire a -14mm rethreading bit, at which point I'll be getting a Blackout or Triple Tap.)

dsc0218v.jpg

dsc0215q.jpg

Edited by theo41

Definitely agreeing with Gigueand, the G&P '733 weighs less than a gnat's *badger*, shoots amazing and looks the absolute boobies;

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1000984.jpg

damn that's sleeeeek - i didn't know G&P were making them now. where did you get it?

Also, what is the fps? and what kind of batteries can you fit in that handguard?

-Shin

damn that's sleeeeek - i didn't know G&P were making them now. where did you get it?

Also, what is the fps? and what kind of batteries can you fit in that handguard?

-Shin

It started life as a G&P XM177E1, then i chucked an 11.5 barrel from a friend's 733 on it. G&P do make an M733 out of the box, i reviewed it a while back in the AEG's section - It's 330-380ish out the box, takes an 8.4 mini or a decent sized lipo in the handguard (although i've wired mine for Lipo's in the buffer tube). Really, noticeably light, and just as solid as anything else G&P make. Bought it from a UK store - www.landwarriorairsoft.com a while back. Although mine is actually closer to the one League 4 linked, as the G&P M733 has the shell deflector on the upper which mine doesn't.

On another note, I found out Halford's do camo spray now... I'm pretty sure this is the best thing i might have ever done, ever:

P1010007.jpg

P1010004.jpg

"hwagan"

"On another note, I found out Halford's do camo spray now... I'm pretty sure this is the best thing i might have ever done, ever:"

care to share which colours? i recently attempted an A-TACS themed spray job on my lid, but krylon colours just didnt cut it,

regards,

jim.

P.s, looks good btw. :)

Edited by Jimmypie

care to share which colours? i recently attempted an A-TACS themed spray job on my lid, but krylon colours just didnt cut it,

regards,

jim.

P.s, looks good btw. :)

Thanks dude :) I was going for an A-tacs kinda colour scheme obviously, and it's reasonably close enough - Colours wise, it was Halfords Camouflage - Ultra matt green and Ultra matt Khaki. I think there's only 4 colours available, basically the dark OD and light tan colours. Gave it a base of the OD then striped it and lightly oversprayed it with the khaki.

Finally got some good photographs...let me know what you think. These were the best shots. Some were very similar, but it's worth posting. Awaiting a Noveske KFH...

Looks awesome man - Would look sweet with a tan KFH and a tan crane stock to spread the colour out a bit more.

Looks awesome man - Would look sweet with a tan KFH and a tan crane stock to spread the colour out a bit more.

Once I get some authentic Magpul ladder covers in FDE, I'm going to try and paint match the color and then paint the stock.

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Wow, that looks like it cost a pretty penny! That is probably one of my favorite tacticool ARs ph34r.gif

No front sight?

I'm honored sir. Not surprisingly, most of the money that went into this build was during the early stages when I couldn't decide on which configuration to keep, and kept trying different ones. I have enough parts now to assemble at least three separate uppers. As for the front sight, it's just not something I've gotten around to. Suggestions?

P.S. Please give suggestions for flash hiders as well. (Anyone)

Edited by theo41