AR15 Picture Thread

FLAME ON!

IMG_1505.jpg

And before anyone says anything, it's not mine. I just made the wood for a friends M4 who's been playing too much Fallout New Vegas. He won't pony up for an A1 receiver though and I put the can on temporarily as he's still looking for a VN flash hider.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zander that CTW looks great, how's the hop-up? Also what ACOG clone is that?

Good so far. Only got around 3k rounds through it, so its not quite broke in yet but its getting better and better every time I shoot it. No surprise, I shoot less now because BB's are hitting their targets! As for the ACOG, it is from t-tiger on ASF, flash kill and QD ACOG base are from Ebairsoft. Probably around ~$150 shipped for it all. Hell of a deall and it works/looks amazing. A lot of people think its real (obviously Trijicon ACOG's trades are completely different).

FLAME ON!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/renegadecow/IMG_1505.jpg

And before anyone says anything, it's not mine. I just made the wood for a friends M4 who's been playing too much Fallout New Vegas. He won't pony up for an A1 receiver though and I put the can on temporarily as he's still looking for a VN flash hider.

Think it might need wooden pistol grip to finish it off too...

Think it might need wooden pistol grip to finish it off too...

It's an AEG so I couldn't make it out of wood as the area connecting it to the gearbox is very thin. I originally wanted to gouge out the checkered part of the grip and replace it with a wood panel (like ruger revolvers), but that part is too thin as well. Might just have to paint it instead.

Could just say its a hybrid of the assault carbine and Service Rifle. Thats What I think when I look at it. (Yes I know its not a M733, but still)

Great work. Hope theres a fallout loadout to go with it (The Marksmen Carbine had rails, So I dont think the bodys a huge deal.)

Slap a ACOG on it like The Marksmen :P

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Just about. Personally though I'd have wanted a fixed carry handle for a more CAR-15 look. Or simply a CAR-15 with wood furniture. Since you guys didn't puke through your eye sockets the first time, here's a couple better shots.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

*carry handle is broken, still have to sort that out

Edited by renegadecow

I do very much like the markings on that, they one I've been eyeing, the XM177E2, has quite recent Colt trades, does anyone know whether that's accurate or should it be more like the CAR15 above?

I've seen two types of receiver roll marks on the early CAR-15's. One set was US Gov't Property marked, GX-5857, safe-semi-auto fire controls. The other I was told was a commercial purchase directly from Colt, had commercial Mod. 607A with no Property markings. It was identical to my commercial Colt 653, which is marked Mod. 653 above the "5.56mm" markings. I'm not certain if US Military carbines were ever marked "CAL. 223".

I have personally never seen a real XM. There's documentation and photos that show a few XM's having Property marks, with XM-177E1 or XM-177E2 above the "5.56mm" markings, safe-semi-auto fire controls. It's my understanding that most Property marked XM's were issued with COMMANDO roll marks instead of XM-177E1 or E2.

Based on this link, the receiver marks G&P commonly uses for their retro AR's are from the M602 rifle with the "CAL. 223" markings instead of the more common "5.56mm".

I'm honored sir. Not surprisingly, most of the money that went into this build was during the early stages when I couldn't decide on which configuration to keep, and kept trying different ones. I have enough parts now to assemble at least three separate uppers. As for the front sight, it's just not something I've gotten around to. Suggestions?

P.S. Please give suggestions for flash hiders as well. (Anyone)

I think Troy sights would look great on that along with an AAC style flash hider:

1574-2.jpg

and jolly nice it is too, gratz :D

I do very much like the markings on that, they one I've been eyeing, the XM177E2, has quite recent Colt trades, does anyone know whether that's accurate or should it be more like the CAR15 above?

It's about my all time favourite AR15, so i'm pretty pleased with it :P My XM177E1 has the standard 'M16A1' US govt. markings on it, with the forward assist but lacking the shell deflector, and has the full mag release fence... Wolf literally got a big delivery of G&P yesterday, and i'm pretty sure they've got all the 'nam stuff - Including the XM/M203 combo, which is really, really nice. Car-15 was a fiver less than fire-support as well which is nice.

I've seen two types of receiver roll marks on the early CAR-15's. One set was US Gov't Property marked, GX-5857, safe-semi-auto fire controls. The other I was told was a commercial purchase directly from Colt, had commercial Mod. 607A with no Property markings. It was identical to my commercial Colt 653, which is marked Mod. 653 above the "5.56mm" markings. I'm not certain if US Military carbines were ever marked "CAL. 223".

BBB, if you don't mind me asking, i'm planning on doing a review on the Car-15, mainly on the externals - Is there anything else you can see that's incorrect to the R/S? I'll get some better pictures of it up this evening, but it'd be nice to find out how closely G&P have followed the details, and it seems i don't have as much access to old school AR's as you :P