FN Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Custom Mk48 mod 1 WIP built on an A&K M249.   -Custom CNC machined barrel assembly -Custom CNC machined feedtray cover -Custom ABS 3D printed Mk48 trigger housing prototype

My ARES L1A1 Self Loading Rifle. Where appropriate some metal parts have been paint stripped and refinished to replicate the real weapon more closely, notably the fake bolt carrier and the butt plate.

MK48 Mod 1    

Posted Images

This one's a short lived addition to the collection.

I received it on Saturday, and it was in so rough of a shape, it put me off the project entirely. I decided I was going to sell it less than five minutes later.

The entire barrel, trunnion and bipod had to be replaced.
At least it's now in a decent state to be sold off... so I decided to send it off with a brand new paintjob.

12183753_1640739516196764_23093275881580

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nope the top cover and selector are the ones on it (the carbine is 'oh natural' no RAS on it , and I made the charging handle my self from 3mm kydex shaped and cut to suit the job .

Also carved and shaped the carrying hand and milled down a G36k barrel extension and the flash hider is a re-purposed M14 one .

Edited by druid799
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I made a tough call today...

To dismantle my Cybergun/VFC FNH FNX 45 Tactical GBB pistol Project RS Case and move on.

The Project RS Case for it is the absolute most beautiful thing I ever made. Unfortunately the pistol itself does not even come close to matching it.

As it was, the trigger mechanism did not really work at all. I had not even fired it. Just a lot of double action trigger pulls and de-cocking actions. 0.1mm - 0.25mm of wear on any of the internals and things stop working.

I can't justify having this thing locked up in this pistol case forever. I got out of it what I wanted. 

And so I took some goodbye pictures :(

Thanks to everyone who made this project possible. It will forever live on in memory as the pinnacle of my obsession/OCD, thus far.

nx_fnx_final_goodbye_case_front_small.pn

nx_fnx_final_goodbye_pistol_on_top_of_ca

nx_fnx_final_goodbye_pistol_in_front_of_

nx_fnx_final_goodbye_pistol_in_front_of_

nx_fnx_final_goodbye_case_open_all_items

nx_fnx_final_goodbye_paperwork_small.png

Bonus. Unboxing video; 

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 5
  • 1 month later...

4jmg5DZ.jpg

VFC SCAR-H

The CASV rail is a Chinese clone and it only fits SCAR-L rifles. You need to cut off some material, otherwise it won't align with the screws where the under rail and because the sling attachment points on the front are in the way.

The VFC models are 1:1 right? Would a real steel CASV rail system work?