FN Picture Thread

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Custom Mk48 mod 1 WIP built on an A&K M249.   -Custom CNC machined barrel assembly -Custom CNC machined feedtray cover -Custom ABS 3D printed Mk48 trigger housing prototype

My ARES L1A1 Self Loading Rifle. Where appropriate some metal parts have been paint stripped and refinished to replicate the real weapon more closely, notably the fake bolt carrier and the butt plate.

MK48 Mod 1    

Posted Images

I figure that sooner or later a metal slide comes around for the TM. I'm concerned about the Cybergun magazines not being well made (broken base plates) and I've heard the double action trigger is atrocious.

Should probably just stay with my Hi-capa.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:58 AM, Tarr said:

With a sneaky VFC MP7 mag under it? :D

Correct, AEG version

On 6/29/2019 at 6:04 PM, Wingman said:

So how much better is the TM FNX 45 as compared to the Cybergun version?

Never used the CG version, so can't comment

On 6/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, NonEx said:

Stupid questions perhaps but is the TM FNX using a plastic slide? :o

Yes to plastic slide

• 2 weeks later...

I like the VFC, mine has been reliable with man rounds put through it. Trigger isn't bad, but that's relative, I never use the double action trigger anyway. And it's airsoft, trigger doesn't really matter.

TM will/might be more reliable long-term, but will feel more toyish/less authentic untill metal slides come out.

I would Probably get the Cybergun version instead, not a huge fan of marui pistols in stock form. The FNS 9 is better then any marui pistol out of the box IMO. The Maruis are design and produced as cheaply as possible and are considered “budget” items in Japan but after import duties etc they are actually quite expensive for us to buy and because of that they don’t represent value for money.  VFC are quite good these days as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Custom Mk48 mod 1 WIP built on an A&K M249.

-Custom CNC machined barrel assembly

-Custom CNC machined feedtray cover

-Custom ABS 3D printed Mk48 trigger housing prototype

-Modified A&K Mk46 rail into  an Mk48 mod 1 rail (soon to be swapped for a custom CNC machined one)

-Real M240 feedtray (custom CNC feedtray in production)

-Real 100 rds ammo pouch with A&K 1500 internals

-Real M249 improved bipod (will be swapped for the Mk48 titanium bipod shortly)

ynkQxN3.jpg

ZoEIbXh.jpg

2YriUfM.jpg?1

ysBsxNj.jpg?1

PX2BNO7.jpg?1

J5pYLfu.jpg

7FLjhnR.jpg

sSsyJcq.jpg

Edited by killen_med_skorna
  • Like 7
  • 5 weeks later...

You mother trucker! 😛 

I had one of those many years ago. Fully upgraded as well with Guarder parts etc.. Being a huge Splinter Cell fan it was an obvious buy but I found the very "deep" grip (due to magazine size to accommodate the 5.7 round) made it very uncomfortable to hold and pretty much unusable for me. Not even fun just holding it as a "couch gun". So I sold mine. But dang it looks cool 😎

• Like 1

Has TM fixed any of the issues that caused problems with them when they first came out? The slide rails on both of mine broke away from the frames. I had to reinforce the hop-up chambers with tape when the inner barrel started to twist in the hop-up chambers, my slide release wouldnt hold the slide open after I removed the empty magazine to add a full one and my magazines started leaking so I retired them both of mine. I only shot them with duster as well!

It was a shame as I really liked those Five sevenN pistols. They lasted about a year.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:48 PM, Wingman said:

Has TM fixed any of the issues that caused problems with them when they first came out? The slide rails on both of mine broke away from the frames. I had to reinforce the hop-up chambers with tape when the inner barrel started to twist in the hop-up chambers, my slide release wouldnt hold the slide open after I removed the empty magazine to add a full one and my magazines started leaking so I retired them both of mine. I only shot them with duster as well!

It was a shame as I really liked those Five sevenN pistols. They lasted about a year.

Outer barrel problem still exists, you just need to set the inner and outer barrels with RTV silicone sealant. No frame/slide issues with my 2019 kit yet anyways (my old slide broke while shooting), but the older plastic (e.g. safety selector) still sucks, mine's already broken from dry firing lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Since holsters for the FNX-45 are hard and/or expensive to get, I decided to try a chinese made Safariland for Glock 17 and it worked pretty well.

You only need to cock the pistol to clear space for the hood safety (and remove the lip on the hood safety); and engage the safety lever on the gun, so it goes in more smoothly. I also dremelled out a little of the interior for the safety levers on both sides. You only need to take out very little and is visible from the outside.

All in all, 10 minutes of work.

I would not try this with a real Safariland holster, since those are much, much tighter and I think it is unlikely that the FNX is able to slide in. This chinese copies usually have so much room inside them, that you will want to line the interior to keep your airsoft gun from rattling around so much.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000029490359.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dpPAWo9

EDIT: Dat seamline on the back of my VFC/Umarex pistol...

IRInApN.jpg

DtXKIID.jpg

yPqgFr4.jpg

Edited by chas
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I got bored yesterday, watching "White house down", and I thought "Wouldn't it be nice to have an APC9..."

I present, the "FN APC556 K"

Features:

- WE SCAR L  base gun.

- non-reciprocating charging handle

- B&T side folder

- 6.5" barrel, with a FPS of 380 on 0.2g

SCAR APC556 K -2.jpg

SCAR APC556 K.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...