FN Picture Thread

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Custom Mk48 mod 1 WIP built on an A&K M249.   -Custom CNC machined barrel assembly -Custom CNC machined feedtray cover -Custom ABS 3D printed Mk48 trigger housing prototype

My ARES L1A1 Self Loading Rifle. Where appropriate some metal parts have been paint stripped and refinished to replicate the real weapon more closely, notably the fake bolt carrier and the butt plate.

MK48 Mod 1    

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

cheers for the comments. I was in the process of finding some real furniture when I heard ARES would release the wood as a separate kit so after acquiring a real worn carry handle I stopped looking for real stocks (rocking horse pooh) and foregrips. To be honest I quite like the fresh from factory look and I've actually got the ARES full auto selector to fit at some point.

I'm a bit of an 'odd bod' (no comments from my team mates !) in that I like the weathered gun look , but absolutely detest the 'Afgan' look and the like , we're they've smothered the gun in paint then vigorously gone at it with wire wool ,etc,etc .

I DO really like your fresh from the factory look , back in the day when I was a 'wee lad' all wide eyed and excited at my first issue rifle we actually tried to keep our SLRs as pristine as possible we'd spend ours oiling the wood and re-blueing the metal work to keep this look . So more than acceptable in my eyes my friend !

Edited by druid799
  • Like 1

Same idea here bud!

I like the look of an old and worn but cared for and treasured rifle.

It's because of a post apocalyptic idea of mine.

Imagine doing years with one rifle in a world gone bad. You'd trust it with your life and treasure it. You share a lot of memories.

You take care of the rifle and it will take care of you.

This kind of idea. :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AND the latest 7.62 I've acquired ! Definitely going away from the 'uber leet' racing M4 type guns and going back to big lumps of guns .

Jing Gong DSA58 with a compM4 scope / BE Meyers 5.56 flash hider (correct sized 7.62 on its way) and a short ris rail fitted to take the foregrip. Hope you like ;

2i71j6x.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All the good, interesting little bits like that always are; especially parts that adapt one thing to another.  They almost always make them in tiny runs, either one-off or with years long gaps.  Some Laylax externals for Marui ARs that I like have been OOS everywhere I've looked for literally 2+ years.