China made KSC M9 System 7 copy

China made KSC M9 System 7 copy

IMG_1471.jpg

Introduction

First of all, this is my first ever proper review, so be gentle! Ill try and cover everything i can think of, but any questions, tips, suggestions fire away!

Anyway, after selling my Army MEU (i still cant stop myself buying 1911's, even though i dont get on with them) i needed a new backup. My usual choice, a KSC Glock 19, is still going strong, so i was looking for something to swop over with if that goes down. However,the pluckly little Glock is so reliable, it kind of spoils you into wanting 100% out of a GBB. Never the less, im a 100% woodland player, so the pistol i use sits in its holster 99% of the game, until either my AEG throws a fit, or i fancy a bit of death or glory pistol action.

As I have a bit of a sci-fi/film prop collection, late last year i decided to combine the two loves, and pick up a Beretta 92F for a Lethal Weapon display, and as i wanted Beretta trades, rather than US military ones, the only choice was a WA 92F (this was just before WE produced a traded non military version). Anyway, when it arrived it stuck me how much i 'fit' the 92 family guns - all the controls, the grip etc, all fit me very well, so i decided the next skirmish piece would be a Beretta 92.

I stumbled across a link while web searching to a chinese copy of the KSC M9 system 7. RSOV and Gunner had been carrying it for a few months, among others, but I couldn't find any info or reviews. So, i decided to set myself up as the guniea pig! So, best deal i could find was at Airsoft Panda, £43 plus postage, so ordered and the wait began.

First Impressions

So, after the usual wait/customs/parcelfarce screw ups, a well wrapped package arrived, and after a frenzy of opening...

IMG_1469.jpg

Comes in its own plastic case, with holes for padlocks. Even though i own a pistol case, I think this is a fantastic way to package a gun.

IMG_1470.jpg

Inside, theres the gun itself, magazine, manual, hop up 'key', spare blowback unit, spare 'o' rings and a key - whos function ive yet to discover.

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

More following...

Edited by blue_5

Pistol

Hmm...nice!

Out of the box, its got a nice heft, unsure of the actual weight, but its a smidge heavier than the WA, so id hazard a guess of around 1.1kg. Slide and frame are metal, as is the outer barrel, which is a bonus - the KSC being plastic. Paint is prettu uniform, although it isnt very hard wearing, and there were a couple of dinks/chips present. Grips are lovely - there slightly rubberised and feel fantastic, and have the proper Beretta logo. The gun has US M9 trades - they are slightly soft, but are a very nice addition. Pulling the trigger, there is a tint bit of creep/looseness, then a uniform pull. The hammer pulls back nice and smooth, and single action is crisp. Pulling back the hammer again, and apply the safetly, and...yes, working decocker! Glad they cloned that! ( i think the KSC Beretta decocker is much better than the WA - it loocks better with the fake firing pin, and enables you to put the slide into battery with the safety on). The slide racks back smoothly, and locks on the mag follower. All round, the action is pretty smooth. The magazine fits nicely with almost zero mevement, although it does not fall out without a little encouragement if the slide is forward,but this may just be a question of allowing it to break in a bit.

The magazine also looks to be a faithful copy. It is leak free, has a silent fill valve, and as stated, comes with spare 'o' rings, even including the inner valve stem one. On pulling the spring down, it automatically locks into place, so you can load bbs without any tension.

Loading up on gas, the blowback is nice and snappy, but not a great deal of felt recoil. I locked the mag, and fired off a few shots. Good cycling. I released the mag spring, and tried a few more, and it locked back every time.

The one 'issue' i found, is that on two occasions, when the mag was inserted, the gun would not fire (action worked, but was as if there was no mag/gas) . However, releasing and reseating the mag cured this. Again, its a little early to say, but with the mag being hard to release im putting this down to stiffness, and after breaking in should hopefully not occour again.

Takedown

IMG_1473.jpg

Takedown is the usual M9 style, press the button on the right side of the frame, while rotating the takedown lever on the left side. The Barrel and frame then pop forward slightly, which then can be pulled forward off the frame. The spring and guide can then be removed, and the barrel can be moved forwards slightly, then remeoved from the bottom of the slide. The inner barrel is held in by a small pin.

Shooting

5 shots, indoors at around 5m, hop as set out of the box, all single action.

IMG_1477.jpg

The first two shots were low, the next 3 on the level. Target is around 15cm. I plan to skirmish the pistol this weekend, so i can report back on hop and range, but it looks promising, if the first two shots were flyers. The inner barrel is yet to be cleaned as well.

Conclusion

Basically, very nice! Look. Full accuracy test and a few skirmishes will give a better idea of the long term reliability, but at the moment, im very pleased. With the KSC retailing at around £150 over here, at 1/3rd the price (ok, a little more once you factor in shipping etc) this looks to be a bargain.

Finally, a shot with its brother, and my tribute to assassins everywhere!

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

Skirmished today, but not a lot of use unfortunately, but a few things noted.

Hop up is largely ineffenctive, most probably the small ball bearing is not seated properly. Once properly stripped down ill try it again.

Fired off a full mag rapid fire - blowback was as good on the last shot as the first, no cool down whatsoever, and locked back on the last. So at least a full mag of BBs per fill, over the next couple of days ill see how many more i can get out.

• 2 weeks later...