Beretta Picture Thread

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife - the f are you building at three in the morning in the bathroom with a Dremel? Me - a weapon to surpass metal gear

Western Arms M9 with compensator

Posted Images

Hmmm it could be a silencer....odd one though. I have seen square ones before.

The original HK Mk23 silencers were square.

Let me introduce you to the silencerco Osprey, not exactly square but close, however no-where near as short as the Leon custom comp. A clone of this would make be buy something like a px4 (or M&P should one ever come out)

Silencerco-Osprey-04_LG-01.jpg

Silencerco-Osprey-05.jpg

Edited by frogfish
  • 2 weeks later...

How'd you keep the trades black?

I guess he used the "ink wash" technique: when you paint over trades, do it in as fine layers as you can, as to preserve the depth of the engravings as much as possible.

Get some water based paint in the desired and mix it with a lot of water; with an absorbing brush, fill the engravings with the paint-water mixture. Dont worry if you paint outside the markings: that's why you are using water based paint.

The water will eventually evaporate and leave some paint in side of the markings: Carefully whipe the excess paint around the markings with a wet cloth. Repeat 2 or 3 times until you are satisfied with the result.

Extraordinaire, I typically don't like PX4s but yours looks great!

Care to Share how you painted it?

Just the usual spray job using Rustoleum Dark Taupe. Since the trademarks are raised instead of being engraved, I just sanded the paint off of the trademarks carefully.

-Ex