Beretta Picture Thread

I love the classic Beretta M9 and some of these look great!!!

I have a question tho, I have a standard TM M9, which I really like but its a bit 'plasticy'. I have thought about getting one of the Guarder metal kits and barrel. Have any of you guys had any experience with the Guarder kits for the M9? Are they a quality upgrade over the plastic TM body and are they a pain in *albartroth* to fit?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife - the f are you building at three in the morning in the bathroom with a Dremel? Me - a weapon to surpass metal gear

Western Arms M9 with compensator

Posted Images

they are a right pain in the albatroth to fit, I would stick to a metal frame, and leave a plastic slide, if you enjoi USING rather than looking and feeling it. I would go for Prime/PGC/Shooters Desgin over guarder, if you want quality, if you're happy tinkering, filing, etc then the guarder is a good cheaper alternative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not the right thread to ask, but does anyone know what the best option for a M9 is? I'm looking for one with the following:

1. Good build quality- no flaking paint

2. Reliability and durability (compatible with green gas)

3. Accuracy

4. Full trademarks

The decocker function would be nice but it's not critical. I see some pictures of KSC and KJW M9s with markings here but I can't find those in any online stores

Thanks

My S7 KSC M9A1 was reliable and durable, range was pathetic but I use pistols at close range (below 15 feet) only.

Build quality is superb, if you choose the Taiwan version, it's full metal and comes with good trades but you will need to buy the Guarder grips (dirt cheap) as the stock ones have KSC on them.

If you can get hold of a WA M9 variant with some spare mags, that would be the ideal situation, but they're very rare on the market these days.

For my M9 needs, I'm building a TM M92F into a Guarder kit, massive PITA but hopefully worthwhile.

You can get KSC's here:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=KSC-PS-M9A1-FM&search=category&rs=KSC%20Gas%20Pistols&catid=7&cat=19

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=KSC-PS-M9-FM&search=category&rs=KSC%20Gas%20Pistols&catid=7&cat=19

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=KSC-MAG-M9N&search=category&rs=KSC%20Pistol%20Magazines&catid=17&cat=174

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GD-ACC-NB61&search=searchItem&rs=guarder%20m9&catid=&cat=

UNCompany has the KJW M9 with trades. However KJW pretty much falls short on points 1, 3 and 4 in some regards. Only point 2 is a solid win for KJW. As for your criterias list I think only KSC M9 full metal w/ trades fullfill those to some extent. Allthough the grips do not have the Beretta logo but I think you could modify RS grips or Guarder M9 grips to fit.

EDITED for spelling and bladerunner beat me :|

Edited by NonEx

Bladerunner- do you know what might have caused such dismal performance?

I've owned a KWA M1911 (pre NS-2) and I'm assuming it was similar to the KSC one- didn't seem too horrible. It was good out to about 100 feet, not Marui quality, but still OK.

hitmanNo2- Green gas is kind of a requirement for me. I need it to cycle quickly and really punch BBs out to 100 feet quickly

I'm afraid no amount of googlefu will turn up any information about it so I can only draw from my observations. It weighs 1,100g and mostly made of heavyweight ABS. HW ABS is just your typical ABS with metal powder mixed in. The stuff WA uses looks to be ferric because there's a reddish tinge hinting of rust which lends a lot to its looks. The metal parts (trigger, hammer, controls) are zinc diecast and are chemically colored, not painted so eventual wear will fade instead of chip, again making it look great with age. One of the problems was a very leaky mag and one of the things I had to do to fix it was replace the valve stem spring with a stiffer one. However it may have been leaking from the valve because I was using green gas. For all we know it may have only been designed for 134a which at a lower pressure may not have leaked. Didn't get to chrono but by my guess it's doing 270. Does a little more with the original spring but it leaks. The hammer spring does feel very soft however and I suspect it's to do with it's age and countless times it was dry fired as indicated by a broken trigger spring. No hop-up. Magazine holds 21 rounds. Guessing it's from early 90's

Edited by renegadecow

Very nice, been playing a bit of Silent Assassin today (a game as old in computer terms as that WA is in pistol terms) and the 92FS just looks right, somehow. Is that running a CO2 mag? I've seen a steel slide for the KJW reviewed by RA-Tech, would make a good cheap winter gun if I got it engraved properly... Hmmm...

Cheers for the renegadecow, that is a lovely pistol.

I call it the M9 'Advance', reminds me of Marui's G26 Advance.

Laylax/Nineball Short Compensator

Element M9 Weaver Rail (Complete garbage, don't ever buy it. It took hours of filing to get it to even fit on the M9, and as you can see, it still is not properly aligned.)

TM 32rd Extended Mag

KJW Rubberized Grips

beretta4.jpg

beretta0.jpg

Next to my friend's Barry Burton, for reference.

2012-04-22_18-08-59_669.jpg

2012-04-22_18-09-25_276.jpg

But wait, there's more! Transforms into.....Metal..............GEAR?!

2012-04-23_13-32-29_677.jpg

2012-04-23_13-34-19_436.jpg

2012-04-23_13-32-07_811.jpg

2012-04-23_13-34-28_263.jpg