Beretta Picture Thread

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife - the f are you building at three in the morning in the bathroom with a Dremel? Me - a weapon to surpass metal gear

Western Arms M9 with compensator

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, forgot to post this:

IMAG0537.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

Handed my incomplete project of this dolphin slided m9 to Brigg so he'd have something to do, plus, i was too lazy to finish it myself. This isnt its last itteration as he is trying to find a better frame as this one is from an old *albatross* kjw. But he did the work to re finish the slide after is was painted tan and i scraped most if that off with a knife.

It is the Dolphin, a M9 that has been modified to operate like a Browning lock gun.

As you can tell by the fact that not many know about it, it was not very popular. :P

Plus Beretta themselves don't like the Browning lock, hence why they don't use it at all, unlike most other companies.

'FireKnife'

yeah, it was also the original solution to the problem Berettas had when they were in military testing: broken slides. then Beretta just made them better.

i have an affinity for rare guns, they just appeal to me, so when i found a zeke kit up for sale, i had to get my hands on it. then had it for over a year and passed it onto a friend that had the capacity to finish it. same reason i bought a SAI glock slide and a metal tanaka SAA.

A slide replacement for the M9 when the US started producing them in country with *suitcase* quality steel causing slide breakages. It never went went into proper production. I guess they realized it was easier to just use better steel...

snowman did a pretty informative article on them.

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/dolphin_real.htm

Edited by hitmanNo2
  • 2 weeks later...

We definitely need more Tokyo Marui M9A1 in this thread:

5aTGAl.jpg

4Dai7l.jpg

Oo9tyl.jpg

Lw7fLl.jpg

(You'll have to forgive the quality of the photos, I'm still figuring out the features of my new camera)

I'm looking for a drop-leg holster for this piece (with the M3X weapon light attached), & I'm considering the GUARDER Tornado Tactical Thigh Holster...

What do you guys recommend?

• 3 weeks later...

m9s dont have to have the barrel move at all when the slide cycles, so weight and obstructions dont effect them.

The weight of the suppressor does pull the barrel down a little and it causes a bit of friction with the slide, but it's definitely nowhere near as bad as a 1911.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...