KSC/KWA M11 System 7 reliability

GuzziHero

my kwa ns2 mac 11 worked perfectly for a day or two until i decided to disassemble it. The bolt was cracked in 3 places. One crack was so large that it turned into a hole that through the middle of the bolt. Strangely this didnt affect the performance of the gun and i continued to use it. I did however take it back to AEX (where i bought it) to request a replacement. They told me to wait for a new gun, but in the meantime i could continue to use it. I waited for about 5 months, using the gun constantly. I probably shot at least 12 thousand more rounds with no problems. The cracks didnt seem to cause feeding problems, loss of fps, or even a decrease in rof.

I highly recommend this gun.

To be honest what usually causes failure is the feed guide/gas director being bent upwards so it creates friction on the top of the chamber. This is pulled back by the weakest spring in all of Christendom and because it pulls from the top, it exacerbates the problem. A broken bolt can assist it on its way.

After my ridiculous experience with my last M11, only a complete redesign would make me want another. Since that isnt the case... :(

To be honest what usually causes failure is the feed guide/gas director being bent upwards so it creates friction on the top of the chamber. This is pulled back by the weakest spring in all of Christendom and because it pulls from the top, it exacerbates the problem. A broken bolt can assist it on its way.

After my ridiculous experience with my last M11, only a complete redesign would make me want another. Since that isnt the case... :(

Guzz, by all means don't get the gun 'cos the old one was poo.

But be aware the new one is excellent.

Rof is stunning & despite a relatively low fps (300, green & .2's), accuracy is amazing.

Like the KSC MP7, this gun is out of the box fantastic.

Is responds well to heavy ammo. Turn the hop up & feed it .3-.4's. With the .4's, we were getting 12" groups at 50m.

Not a bad little pocket rocket.

Re longevity, the gun I have seen is a few months old & had about 30,000rnds through it. Still rocking like new.

Speaking to the owner, he says it has been as sweat as a nut. 2 of his mates got them at the same time he did & have also had no problems.

Tobias gives one example of a KWA, which is probably not representative of the quality the KSC's will offer. He only found out by opening the gun up. & states that he has been happy with the gun's performance for 5 months & thousands of shots. Despite his findings, he still recommends the gun.

Again, I repeat, the Syst7/NS2 version of this gun is not the calamity the old one was.

Sure, skeptically treat the new with disdain because you are holding a grudge over the old. That is your choice. ;)

But you are missing out pal. :D

Surely you should change the thread tittle: "Not buying a new Mac, no matter how good folk say it is,,,,,,,,,, 'cos the old one was cack!"

Folk could then post more appropriate responses, like, Ok, fair enough, your loss, etc. :D

Greg.

I've been running the new M11 for a short while and it's only been excellent. Differences aren't just nozzle and mag lips, though. The inner barrel base and inner frame have also been modified to accommodate a BB feed ramp that wasn't present on the old model. It fixes the hit-or-miss hop-up issue on the old model that so often caused jamming. You may want to make an effort to try one out at a shop or during an upcoming game. Firing it will change your mind.

Ummm no, Greg. What I pretty much said was that unless the design has had a total overhaul then my experience of the old one means I cannot justify money on the new one. Just as my awful experiences with G&P means I wont buy G&P.

However, my original Q was is it reliable. People say it is... I might give one a whizz. But I'm blaming you if it dies after 50 shots :P

The other Q is... how does it handle cold weather?

However, my original Q was is it reliable. People say it is... I might give one a whizz. But I'm blaming you if it dies after 50 shots :P

You might want to quit with the negative vibes then, dude ;)

Guzzi

Hate to break this to you, but if you are looking for reliability, full auto GBBs are NOT where it's at. The stresses that a full auto GBB goes through ensure that it will not last for long. Anyone who claims that they've been using a full auto GBB for years without problems is probably lying or just doesn't use it much. Even the vaunted KWA MP7, I've seen quite a few those in repair shops across Hong Kong.

It is for these reasons that you don't see Marui doing a serious full auto GBB. They know there's no good way to make it reliable, and Marui refuses to make something that isn't reliable.

Ummm no, Greg. What I pretty much said was that unless the design has had a total overhaul then my experience of the old one means I cannot justify money on the new one. Just as my awful experiences with G&P means I wont buy G&P.

The other Q is... how does it handle cold weather?

No probs. :D

Re the cold, the folk that I sited, have only used it during the winter & are very happy.

However, this has made them think there may be problems in the summer, as the propane becomes too powerful, if you get my drift.

Perhaps it will be fine, or 134 will be the answer.

If I was in your situation, I'd wait until folk have worked that one out before making your purchase.

Check out the Gas pistol review section, I'm sure there's a stickie on it.

I've also noticed a huge price difference in the UK for the KWA NS2 version: KWA UK (Airsoft Scotland) Were orriginally showing it as £250, Airsoft Armory £130. Interestingly, KWA UK, NOW have it for £99. :D

Greg.

Archived