Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right Sniper Stock... terrible. It wouldn't line up the motor to the gearbox.

Pheonix Gear Set... Bought the first 3 sets available. Installed 1 by customer request. Used 1 in my own gun, they were advertised as CNC, but ended up being CNC'd from casting. Broke in less than 2000 rounds. Sold my last set brand new.

Oh yeah: Sheriff "steel" hammer for WA... broke after less than 1 mag, another cast part.

Jin15: Woah, looks like you have bad luck with guns and equipment. Everytime you break a gun, could you sell it to me? :)

Most of the stuff you have, I have and I have had very little problems (except the WE M4, but I sorted nearly all the issues out).

-----------------

When I have DOA/broken guns, I put them in a few categories:

1) Worthwhile and recoverable

2) Worthwhile and not recoverable

3) Recoverable but not worth the effort

4) Total POS

About 95% of guns fall into the first 2 categories. Its the latter 2 that I am annoyed at. Here is a few examples:

- LaoBing M4. Ultra brittle pot metal bodies and mechs, unfitting bushings and shims, axle misalignment on gears, grinding noise, trigger switch plastic wears after 100 rounds. While fixable, it falls into category 3).

- SRC M4 Gen 1. See LaoBing M4. Same body chassis and similar internal quality.

- Tanaka P226. Soft plastic slide that flexes on finger pressure, leaks on 134a, low power, feedjams OOTB. Falls into 4)

- Tanaka Browning HP. Trigger bridge breaks after a few mags worth of BBs in a day + NO replacement. Slide lock automatically locks slide back during firing with BBs in magazine. Mags leak everywhere. Falls into 4)

- KWC M16 Carbine NBB. 95% clone of the JAC NBB rifles. O-rings are either oversized adding to the friction, or undersized, which means it leaked gas everywhere. No hop up. Falls into 3).

- KSC Glocks in general. While most Glocks are pretty good, and low cost + metal slide makes it pleasing, the wearing of the hammer and the cessation of manufacture of 3rd party hammer parts means that once its dead its dead. Falls into 3)

- KJW USP. Brittle plastic slide, feedjams OOTB, blowback unit breaks, trigger breaks. Falls into 4)

- Phoenix gear sets. Fracture in less than 200 rounds.

Classic Army G3 Metal Body wayyy back in the day, finally got it together recently with alot of dremeling and jbWeld. Quite certain i could fell a forest with it but the fact that all the threads were misalinged, halves not mating properly, etc. For $150 you shouldnt have to work on it for 10 hours getting it to fit right

Good point with the APS2. I had one with a gas bolt. Leaked like no tomorrow, and didn't shoot straight ever.

And also installed the old CA receivers too. Pain in the a$$, and wallet.

The 2 frustrating and expensive, yet "worthwhile to fix" purchases, were the Tanaka M24 and the CA249.

The M24 took me a year of tweaking to find out WHY the gun didn't shoot straight and half the price for parts to upgrade. Then I sold it.

The CA249, after much tweaking, finally feeds, seals air and doesn't die randomly. However it still has hop consistency issues. It is my most expensive purchase and one I am still keeping.

Hero Arms G3 Drum mag. Cost about as much as the TM G3SAS I was going to use it with, and broke in the first hour of use.

When it did wind, it wouldn't keep up with the 15rps (not a horrifically fast RoF, in fact it's the stock RoF) that my G3SAS was capable of.

When it didn't wind (which happened often), it would suddenly decide to start working again. And by "working" I mean "attempt to feed every bb inside it at once and jam".

The winding mech stripped within the first hour of use. It never managed to fire more than 300 bbs.

Totally, utterly worthless.

I suppose I've been fairly lucky, although a few;

viper tac vest, broke so quickly it turned me off cheap gear there and then. Back in the days where £30 was quite a bit for me, having something like that break on its first skirmish is a real kick in the teeth.

KSC USP - the gun works fine, but the mags are dead *suitcase*, nothing I can't fix given some time but still.

CA shells, atleast half of them came with some o ring missing, again, nothign I can't fix by going to some o ring shop but its still a hassle.

Really looking back, when I first started airsoft all those years ago, I watched predator more or less on repeat for ages, and I was pretty dead set on getting an m16 with m203, so my first proper skirmishy airsoft gun was a tm m16a2 with a tm m203. It looked the dogs danglies etc etc, but the m203 wasn't really great, it was quite heavy for my younger self, and the barrel and the body started giving way eventually. In retrospect I really wish I had of got a TM G3A3 or something.

KSC USP - the gun works fine, but the mags are dead *suitcase*, nothing I can't fix given some time but still.

Any successful solutions to the mags? I've tried gasket sealant, i've tried teflon/electrical tape.. hell, i got an order of two brand new square orings coming in.. maybe that'll work. But really, i'm very close to just calling it quits with them. -.-

Archived