Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the Marui UZI was great as a stock gun, just didn't last long.  Pot metal sector and cheap steel gears, and unupgradeable.  Mine lost airseal over time and went from 260fps to 240fps for no reason, then the gears shredded.

Saving grace is that it was accurate, hardy and did feel good firing it.   Thankfully its one of the cheaper Maruis so its not too bad.

Still, the UZI needs a revival!  Where is the Marushin AEG?  Better yet, bring on the GBB?

Ive got the KWC Uzi as well. It really is fun to shoot. The gas efficiency seems to be iffy though from gun to gun. I had one a year ago that had great efficiency, I wound up selling it and later buying another one, where it can barely get through a mag. Its bizarre.

I would be all for a full sized UZI GBB though. That would be an absolutely must-have gun.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, so far only one fail (and hopefully it'll stay that way)

WE HK 3PX4

While it fired and fed well and was nicely accurate, if you put the safety on then pulled the trigger the safety would come off and the gun would fire ....

Net result it went back to the shop (and from there back to WE) while I got a replacement that's been fine.

spent $2000 on a race gun... and haven't raced jack... as it has never worked well... and currently in pieces.

Z Tactical SORDIN Noise Reduction Headset...  after being assured by the seller they would work as designed...  took them to G1 Tactical training only to find they would amplify everything... including real gun shots.  lol.
2000 rds later... my hearing was screwed for weeks.

LOL  My Ztactical Sordins worked ok....kinda

I used it on a range with a 14.5"/16"/20" and was ok.  shotguns were ok.  Then came the 10" with a triple tap break and it was a little too much for it.  Similarly using it in FIBUA was not so good as the concussive effect of an SBR/shotgun.

Then I used it on a 81mm Mortar system and every time it fired the circuit automatically switches itself off, plus the fact that it didn't seal around my ears 100%, sometimes it would work while other times my ears rang.

The issue is the foam used didn't seal and the tension of the headband isn't enough to keep the ear pieces clamped tightly around the ears.  circuit was ok when the battery was full, but when batteries drained it would switch itself off with loud noises.

I use it for lawn mowing now, its not too bad :)

My A&K MK46 and A&K M249, the Mk46 was brand new, replaced most of the internals and but still there was a leak somwhere with like 20 M/S drop, constant missfeed.

The M249 was bought secondhand, broke after shooting 200 bbs. 

CYMA SVD AEG, poor performance with a real posp, totally worhless in an AEG firefight.

Again, I dunno if I am special case here but I have had nothing but great outcomes with my A&Ks. 

I have a Para, Mk43, M60 and PKM and all 4 are still on stock parts except for springs and motor (all springs have been upgraded and PKM is still on its stock motor). Granted I reshim and professionally tune my mechboxes before they fire a single shot.

I use it for lawn mowing now, its not too bad :)

lol... yes...  theirs always that. 

and lol at the mortar!

its winter here now... and they good for keeping ears warm. ;)

Again, I dunno if I am special case here but I have had nothing but great outcomes with my A&Ks.

Yes they majority of models will be fine.

you have to consider....  for every complaint.... theirs 99 others that never have an issue.

every items... companies... restaurant.... etc etc that might upset some one enough to post a complaint... there would be dozens.. 100's of others that don't have any issues.

and theirs nearly no way to know how many have been sold compared to how many have problems, unless your in the industry and willing to report the exact numbers public,.... which happens very rarely.

For example a company i previously worked for... 1 in 200 orders would include a wrong item... lol.

2 in 10,000 orders would be sent to the wrong customer... lol. ( i did inform them how to fix it but wasn't listen too :(  )

but you would only ever hear about the wrong sent items in a complaint. 

so for an outsider... research the products well... read all glowing reviews  and one should also pay close attention to all complaints, problems and issue...  and take a consensus of opinions and take an educated guess on the items performance.

And good luck with that.... lol. 

As random lemons are just a fact of life.

i recently upgraded my computer, only to have to motherboard die within a week.. returning it i asked how often it happens, and was told 1 in 20 motherboards will have issues.

sometimes...  the odds are against you...  sometimes... shyt just happens.

• 3 weeks later...

ACM M6 pistol torch/laser.

Worked for all of one shot on my p226, which then apparently destroyed every solder point in the thing. *suitcasey* plastic, dodgy molding, terrible electronics. Literally worthless.

If you let the follower go when loading the magazines, the spring is strong enough (or the feed lips weak enough) that the follower will smash through the feed lips into the air, never to be seen again! 

wait so the GUN is bad cause your friends were morons and broke the mags? how is that the guns fault? if you slam the feed block into TM feed lips theyll snap too

wait so the GUN is bad cause your friends were morons and broke the mags? how is that the guns fault? if you slam the feed block into TM feed lips theyll snap too

It's hardly ideal, agreed but can happen accidentally as the mags are fiddly to load - but I guarantee you they are not as sturdy as TM magazines by any means. You don't even have to have had the follower right down to the bottom, releasing it part way is enough to shatter the SRC feed lips. 

That's some plain bad luck! Mine is well over 1000 rounds and it stil runs great!

The thing is just a lemon, I've put in 2 replacements and they both stripped more or less instantly.. A mate of mine used to run his as a primary back in the day, it lasted god knows how many thousands of rounds.

'm really lucky like that...

Archived