Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

The thing is just a lemon, I've put in 2 replacements and they both stripped more or less instantly.. A mate of mine used to run his as a primary back in the day, it lasted god knows how many thousands of rounds.

'm really lucky like that...

You should try to find a second-hand spare one. Functional or not. To keep around for spare parts... They are getting even harder to find...

Fire-Support is known for having some parts, from time to time.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should try to find a second-hand spare one. Functional or not. To keep around for spare parts... They are getting even harder to find...

Fire-Support is known for having some parts, from time to time.

Not to worry, I've got a plan for it involving an agm m14 gearbox and hop, and a wood stock.... :D

Again, I dunno if I am special case here but I have had nothing but great outcomes with my A&Ks. 

Agreed, but I just wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants it working perfectly out of the box. My M249 worked great... after some fine-tuning and replacing some parts (like the box mag). It still kept on kicking even after part of the motor cage snapped off whilst doing the tuning.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, but I just wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants it working perfectly out of the box. My M249 worked great... after some fine-tuning and replacing some parts (like the box mag). It still kept on kicking even after part of the motor cage snapped off whilst doing the tuning.

Lol, whut?

You tuning the M249 with a crowbar?  A&Ks don't have detachable motor cages :P

And yeah still using the old ABS ammo box from A&K.  Miles better than the CA one.

• 2 weeks later...

It may sound silly, but i bought a clone FAST/Jump style helmet which was both far too big (one size fits all my :locked: ), had a terrible and uncomfortable strap arrangement going on in there and proceeded to buy those ridiculous ear flaps that in RS are designed to protect you from shrapnel and such to be OPERATORRRR. These were made of [i believe] some form of melted cheese and all attempts to screw them onto the side were futile as they just went straight through the cheese-holes. I threw it in a cupboard and called it a day.

• 3 months later...

VFC SCAR L - AEG - Gearbox would only work when outside the gun soon as its back in didnt work

VFC M4 - AEG - Gearbox ate itself three times

VFC MP5 A3 - GBB - Just terrible

TM MP7 - AEP - AEPs should be banned

TSI Tavor - AEG - 30% bigger than it should have been, mag release broke out the box, took 4 SECONDS to change from safe/semi/auto due to this insane electronic system

TM G3 SG1 - AEG - People could hear me coming because it creaked so much

KWC Walther P99 - GBB - Mag would never stay in, when it did it wouldnt cycle

Maruzen M1100 Full stock - Could never fire more than 2 rounds before venting gas

WE MEU - Just terrible. Would not work below 15C, even in summer had the cycle rate of a dying hamster

Well d90 ( p90 ) my first airsoft gun . Gravity fed magazine , only feeds when gun is aimed downwards . Ideal for shooting at opponents feet , because as soon as you bring the gun up to aim at a torso it stops firing / feeding . The range on it wAs atrocious as was the accuracy . You are honestly better of with a blowpipe in a skirmish than one of these p.o.s .

And to think they did a luxury pro version . A certain hated retailers still lists these for sale alongside his spring l85 orange guns and other laughable BB guns .

Would not wish one of these on anyone

My worst purchase ever...King Arms PEQ-15 bought on impulse.  The (plastic) piece used to clamp the PEQ onto the RIS broke before I even got to use it. 

I had da PEQ on my m4 for 2 months before I discovered the breakage.  When I brought it back the local shop I bought it from (Prime Airsoft) da shop owner basically said "too bad... it's your problm now.  Sod off."  So... now I have a $37 piece of junk...

I complained on Yelp.com and the shop's IT guy told me this happened to other customers too, and that they solved the problem by tying it down or taping it onto the gun.  I hope my negative review impacts their business for years to come.

Surely I can't be the only one with this problem. 

• 2 months later...

Lots and lots of ACM reddot sights both used and new ones.

Fxck a bounch of crop!!!

TM DEAgle.

Newer managed to have it shoot straight

But most epic fail gun has got to be

WE M4A1 closed bolt. Really a shame it is too big to be used as a letter holder on my desk.

Leaky mags, hopup was junk nomatter how much money you spend on it.

Double up on fail when I bought the open blot.

It was better, but not working properly.

Admin panel for my vest.

Never used it never fittet it.

I screwed around on an online airsoft store, adding things to my cart, and eventually buying the stuff somewhere else.

Couple weeks later go back to that store to buy 2 items, throw them in the cart and hit "Buy"... I think you know what happened: the total seemed high after I finished everything and then I looked at the item list.... oops!

Now I have those first items sitting on my floor reminding me not to twitch-buy!

• 1 month later...

Western arms desert eagle: the valves were friction fit in the mags and vented gas. Terrible finish on both silver and black models. Couldn't shoot straight. Couldn't believe it was a wa.

Tanio Koba usp required parts to be replaced on a regular basis.

Worst gun i own is the Maruzen p99 gbb. Just a catch 22 of a design.

It's a close call between the awful VFC SCAR and the the GBB but the GBB wins it:

G&P WOC M16A1 - wouldn't feed from any of the mags I bought with it, hop had no effect, mags fell out. Just a total piece of *suit*. Seller ponced around and eventually I had to get my CC co. to sort them out. Awful gun, awful service from a very reputable seller and now totally off GBB rifles as a primary.

There's a few people knocking the VFC SCAR - I'm surprised, I thought VFC's AEGs were supposed to be very good!

Their externals are lovely, and dimensionally their gearboxes and internals are good, but the SCAR was one of their earliest models, so it has some significant design complications. Additionally, the plastic that VFC use for their internals is colourless polycarb. which is very tough but tends to fracture easily under stress, and they use it for things like Tappet plates, pistons and hop units.

Their gears, motors and wiring are all a little suspect, especially at US power levels

This one is funny one.

Around two years ago I got myself an IMI 1911 roto retention holster (with the paddle platform), which is, for sure, one of the best things I ever bought for airsoft!
Today... Got my hands on a much anticipated Low Ride Belt Loop, also from IMI, and it is a piece of *suitcase*!
The curvature is all wrong, doesn't sit good against your body, it's uncomfortable. The three position attachment for height interferes with the holster itself, i.e., when trying to use the middle or the bottom position, the attachment doesn't protrude enough so that the holster would fit freely without jamming against the attachment directly above. It's too shallow...

Luckily, I have both a dremmel and a blowtorch, and everything will be sorted! :flamethrower:

Archived