Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

That is a bit cheeky; I know they order directly from G&P, but all LWA's models are available elsewhere. I imagine they're built to order in the way that LWA order 50 M4's, and G&P build 50 M4's... not lying technically, but a little devious i guess.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurricaine 416!

I got this when it first came out & was the one and only 416 option.

I lovingly filled it with systema goodness & a madbull barrel etc. At 350 fps, & a good rof, I was throughly pleased with myself.

Accuracy was good, hitting a man sized target at 60m with .25's.

So, after spending a small fortune & a few evening's putting it together/testing it, I took it to it's first skirmish. After the first game, I decided it was too front heavy & not really for me. :(

It looks & performs excellently, but that was the only time it got used. I hung on to it, as I couldn't bring myself to sell it.

Now I'd love to sell it but with all the 416 cheapies on the market, I'd be lucky to get a fraction of what it cost me. :(

Definitely most epic fail.

Second place goes to the star l85 comando, Same story, got it when it first came out, used it a few times, didn't like it, couldn't bring myself to flog it at a loss. Wish I had now.

Third place is CA m15 cqb. Fantastic gun but I don't really like airsofting with m16-a-likes, due to the mag change. I had the opportunity to flog it for more than I paid for it but love the look of it & regret not passing it onto someone who would use it. :(

PM with offers. :D

Greg.

I got the WELL P90 (the first clone - D90 I think it was called?) when I started out... I can spit watermelon seeds further and more accurate...

Oh christy, I've still got mine, it's awful. Everything about it was just bad, and then the battery leaked...

JP FAMAS, first gun, worst gun. Didn't feed well with TM mags, had to mash the TM scope rail in.

Slow Rof, heavy as hell, pot metal, handguard creeking. Used it for half a game, then killed it with a 7.4 Li-Po.

No parts to change, no accessories.

My WE M4 was like heaven compared to that.

G&G rk104...

-something in the gearbox broke within 20 minutes after getting it brand new in box,

- something in the hopup broke on me

- stock tangs broke,

- only G&G mags fit correctly all others were tight as well causing me to break the lip of a BRAND new classic army highcap,

- tappet plate broke,

- it RUSTED.

- Hell it didn't even have an ak siderail..

worst waste of 350$ ever

also years back I also had the Well p90, it was horrible! I literally can use a straw and shoot 6mm bb's further than it could

^AHAHAHAHA^

I'm sure you were a bit confused when the vest came in a tiny 5x5 box.

Hmm, my most epic fail purchase has to be... my ACU's.

I bought the damn top and bottom for around 90 bucks, Propper brand mind you, not some Chinese copy.

After wearing it once, and constantly being told that I could be seen the whole field away, I got tired of it and it's been hanging in my closet for the last 2 years.

Damn I-See-You's.

my epic fail was preordering something from evike (that should be enough on it's on but there is more) in January and then after the 3rd time of them setting the date back, getting a refund, the fail part is that i had to cancel the credit card i made the purchase on between then and now, so now my refunded money is stuck in limbo in my paypal transactions =[. total fail.

wouldn't be so much of a fail if i got to actually talk to anyone at paypal instead either talking to machines or filling out complaints that don't apply to my problem at all.

My Top M60.

Bought it, realized the bellows was ripped, cannot sort out a new bellows. Oh lets not forget the loading wheelie thing in the BB chamber got jammed, and I had to sort out about 10 BBs from the gearbox (which is a nightmare in itself).

Yep, that gun is still in 6 different pieces in my room, awaiting the sweet day of a M249 gearbox drop in. Which may never happen, cause I ended up getting a M249 itself.

Epic fail, eyeballs were bigger than my airsoft stomach.

hmm..

KWA Glock series. Bought my G17 in upper and lower receivers from ASGI right after the legal ######. Worked perfectly, absolutely beautiful... until the rocket valve went. Fired one round and vented gas. Sent it away to KWA to get it fixed. Comes back and still doesn't work correctly. $250 down for parts, 3 mags, SERPA and dropleg, and repairs.

As a loaner, trishot shotguns. Had my UTG M3 for two years, worked PERFECT, took a friend all of ten seconds to do two incomplete pumps and shatter the trinozzle. Free replacement though, props to UTG.

ACM reflex sight. Ugh. Too dim to see in the day, can't adjust it far enough up. Best give them a miss.

Honestly, at this point I'm going to tentatively even put my VFC M4 on this list. Prometheus tightbore, SCS nub, extensive attempts to correct the problem and it still shoots left. Still love it to death though.

Most epic fail purchase was getting an aftermath m4 s-system.

Worked nicely for about a game then being the airsoft newbie i was i overcharged the battery for a couple of days and it died. Left in its box for about a year, got a new battery, worked fine, shot well but not far enough. Bought an echo 1 barret and lent the aftermath to a friend.

First game both the tabs on the lower reciever snapped

the stock boke as it wouldn't lock into place and would just slide around

the sling adaptor on the front snapped off inside the screw

sold off the bottom rail, rear BUIS, and stole the buffer tube for use of my G&G

Eventually i decided to ramp it up with a couple of sweet upgrades to match my desrt loadout i had just gotten. Bought a drop-in echo 1 gearbox, brand-new prommy bucking, with a stock echo 1 barrel. Got a beautiful intellect 1600 mah battery. Turns out because the tabs broke the body won't line up with the hop-up creating an imperfect seal. So now it needs a metal body or replacement plastic body for the broken tabs. I ended up trading it to a friend for a KJW M9 with 3 mags.

Now i laugh whenever i hear of someone getting an aftermath.

At the moment, it's a toss up between two expensive guns:

King Arms FAL - great for a day then the selector switch wouldn't lock into place. Lived with this for a while then noticed that the FPS was dying and the GB locked on SA after a couple of shots. Also that the trigger pull had moved from 'snappy' to 'about a week'. Returned to seller - came back with a massive ding on the side. Then the selector switch stripped it's threads and fell off - found it but one lug broken off. Now with my chums at Airsoft Armoury to be sorted or skipped.

VFC SCAR - bought second hand (NEVER again) with a 'hundreds spent on upgrades, just serviced' promise. Fired of half a mag and noticed that SA didn't work. Then half a mag later the piston stripped. Took her to my mates at JD - Feed tube kn*ckered, selector switch stripped, motor wires held on with blue electrical tape, piston FUBAR, battery connector held on by more tape, stock fitted incorrectly and forced back on, gearbox screws all stripped... NIGHTMARE. Now in the box with a bag or replacement bits (cheers VFC!) waiting to be fitted.

On the other hand, I have a JG M4 and CYMA M1A1 that are still rocking after 50k rounds each. Together they cost less than one of the above.

Oh boy. Where do I start.

Probably a Condor plate carrier that I never used, or maybe a box of miscellaneous World War II related ###### I bought at a gun show for $100. I made back about $50 of that selling the stuff.

You live and you learn.

Archived