Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

My G&G Combat Machine. IT started to go downhill when I opened the box and it said "G&G Combat Machine WITH PNEUMATIC BLOWBACK SYSTEM" ASGI didn't tell me it was going to have blowback, a feature that I didn't want at all. Rather then returining it, I thought, "Hmm, it can't be that bad, maybe it can be disabled or something" Well, I was wrong, it uses some wonky design so that it can't be removed unless you want to not have a charging handle anymore, and it leaves a big hole in your cylinder so you have almost zero compression. On top of that, my motor connecters fall off all the time, and always in the heat of combat, when I don't need them to, but in the backyard *fruitcage* around, they stay on fine. I have recently taped and superglued them in place which may of worked for now. Also, one skirmish I lost both grip screws and the motor and plate flew off all of a sudden, and since then, I haven't been able to adjust the motor so the squeky grindy noise goes comepletely away. It's got the nickname "Failmachine" from my mates around here :D

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AI Tornado grenade!

In the winter; just leave it at home in the summer there are two settings:

1. pull pin and throw then wait apporx. 5mins for it to go off allowing the enemy time to move/dig in/ build a nice reinforced concrete bunker OR

2. pull the pin throw and wait til the following month allowing the enemy time to go on effing holiday and come back sporting a nice tan.

on the flip side AI's propane adaptor is excellent so they can do good stuff too.

Those things don't happen anymore with the new tornado impact grenade though! And they are available right now. I just ordered one! Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

This is going from 'Epic Fail' to how much can you spend on a gun to get the <freakin> thing to work...

The FAL went back to the dealer - stripped and rebuilt the GB and fitted the FET and she fired like WOW. But.. they fitted the selector swithc gears upside down and left all the wiring on top of the gun so the receiver, she no fit no more. Back to the dealer we go (they're good people BTW) - £100+ on repairs THIS TIME for a £300 gun.

The SCAR is still with my gun tech. Stripped and rebuilt the GB twice and still mis-feeding / mis-firing. It now looks like a new GB is the only solution followed by OUCH to the wallet. So far - £300 gun and £??? on repairs.

I swear I am sticking to £150 clones from now on - my CYMA and JG are the best guns I own by a mile.

Bought the Maruzen MP5KA4 CQB Limited Edition, had all the rails and a silencer that was a barrel extender. Beautiful looking gun.

Tried it out and it fired all the first short mag fine - great fun, and LOUD. Reloaded and tried it again but it just spat out the BBs a few feet in front. Tilted the gun down to remove the mag and the inner barrel just slid out the front with some bits of the hopup attached. WTF?

The gun lasted for less time than it had taken me to open the packaging. Heartbreaking waste of money, made worse by the lack of spare parts available for these things.

The JLS F2000. It blows fuses and donkey balls. The Element piston head I bought for it shattered after fifty rounds or so. Then it completely lost compression. I got ###### off and swapped it for a slightly tuned up ACM M500.

Are you saying the FAMAS JP.950 is rubbish because i'm gonna buy one and it has 380fps which seems pretty good to me plz reply

Not heard amazing things tbh. I'm guessing this would be your first AEG? There are far better things for similar money...

KingArms metal hop unit.

Bought it so I could have a hop unit on my long inner barrel, allowing me to swap between them quickly, depending on what I needed.

Hop arm was moulded wonky, and somehow reduces my M4 to about 3 fps.

The sodding AGM hop unit on the stubby barrel was better.

Black polymer furniture for my King Arms SVD. Cost about £100 which would have been fine if it was anywhere near correct to real steel. I should have taken it back but had other priorities and never did. Just sits in a box now, taunting me. I switched back to the far more attractive feux-wood a long time ago. Sigh. Gun wise I've never bought a gun that I regretted buying without selling it on to someone else for a profit. Usually after some TLC and upgrades, I'm not a swindler ;).

W_J.

• 1 month later...

I never had cheap china made airsoft guns...

Beside 8 ,15 usd shotguns for a project.

1.The very 1st PTW that came out.

fealt good , after 3 months electronics were busting every weekend i took it out...

Now a nice wallhanger , not used in 3 years.

2.Tanaka Tranchgun.

Got it new , 25 shells , a friend came to look at it.

"Yo dude , i saw in a review you can do like this,..."

takes it for a one-hand reload...

Front assembly completely brakes off ,

stock hits the ground , shatters as wood can do.

Threw it in the bins the day it got in...

3.One of my most expensive episodes ever.

If you count the hours milled , work , transportation.

i get to around 3500USD

But ,

I was the first one who had a Magpul Sniper stock on a CA G3 as sturdy as a brick wall!

Now , havent used it for 2 years :D

Those things don't happen anymore with the new tornado impact grenade though! And they are available right now. I just ordered one! Can't wait!

At this point I care not, after their rather condesending approach to customer service i shan't be touching their grenades again.

the only thing that even came close to epic fail in grenade terms since then has been the sound flash CO2 grenades - which in my view are not fit for purpose as the metal used is too weak. I ahad one that stripped and buckled the thread holding it all together thus causing it to go off in my hand, which is very painful!

So AI your crown in my view is being challenged for shittiest airsoft grenade but you're hanging on there by a thread!

oh god i totaly agree my sport line broke its rear slingmount before i got out of the safe zone and had the compression of a leaky ballon.

also my TM m9 its got a metal slide and came with 3 mags and cost me £80 but the trigger spring broke and the recoil rod and now the safty has just broken i just want to send that bast*rd off to some one and not to see it til its fixed lol.

hmmm, STAR AK74 type mid caps - wouldn't feed in my CA SLR105, I had to add a 3mm square piece of plasticard to the nub that held the BBs in place for them to work.

Went back to Fire Support and we tested them in the other AK makes they had - Rubbish in ICS, great in TM AKs. After the mods they were great and so was the gun, despite being a first off the line CA. Out ranged an upgraded G&G RK104 at TA2 much to my amusement.

The worst I've had has been the metal threaded outer barrel for a KSC Glock 18c. The slide wouldn't cycle all the way forward and no matter what I or Fire Support tried, (and they tried A LOT), it just wouldn't work right. Swapped back to the original barrel and it worked like a dream.

Ah well, other than that, I've been lucky, especially with my G3SG1 - bought second hand in 1997, stripped ONE set of gears in that time, (and it's my main gun), and the gearbox cracked. It's been upgraded, since then to run at 400fps on semi only then downgraded the spring to 320fps and back to full auto and works fine, still with it's original, (if repeatedly painted), creaky plastic body. Even some of the Marui low caps I have a ancient and still feed fine.

Worst kit: a Dutch DPM alice vest thingy. Had it for 6 years and still not found a good use for it.

Archived