Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first 2 AEG's (1 G&P RAS2 and 1 Airsoft Global Custom M4) and first GBB (HFC M190).

They all failed out of the box, so it was a pretty dissapointing and expensive start in my airsoft carreer.

Now I own a King Arms M4 wich is pretty good but has yet to see a skirmish.

Also expensive because the first one I ordered was seized by Malasian customs and I had to pay 50% of the total price again to have another one shipped.

Yay! I got sigged :)

/off topic

Buying two identical Chinese clones of the Russian stalker mask. One broke as I took it out of the packing. I cannot get either of them to fit my face properly.

One broke as you took it our of the packaging .. for something you want to protect your face in soviet Russia this is not good.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through about three cheap chinese green lasers which have since been replaced by slighly higher quality cheap chinese green lasers :-)

Bought two wrong sized springs for my VSR-10 which are now just sitting around (I'll get around to selling them sometime soon since they are brand new!).

Oh the other bit of ###### I have has got to be the Phantom kit for my Steyr Aug... its wobbly no matter how many screws I stick in it. Only thing its good for is a forward grip!

Surprisingly, my cheapest AEG, the Chinese MP5k Galaxy still works! Its put it through its paces something wrotten and even bought the metal forward RIS mount. Unfortunately as the rest of the gun is plastic, that too is rather wobbly. Still, makes a nice back up and CQB gun.

-Star AK-47 Mids.

4 exploded after maybe a week of use, with the remaining 6 with their spring so weak and so wobbly in the receiver they don't even feed. Tm Mags fit perfect, the oem highcap it came with fits and feeds perfect, what AK-47 did STAR model their mags after that it can hardly fit a standard TM(clone or otherwise) receiver?

On a related note, I'm currently looking for some decent AK mags, and the gucci-factor of some ranger plates seems very appealing.

-M4 mag pouches...for use on a weesatch

Yes I know I can use them for more than just M4 mags...but their utility is pretty limited to belt kits in very specific scenarios.

• 4 months later...

Getting my new TM desert warrior 4.3 and thinking hmm what i really need now is an extra mag. Off to uncompany i pop, and spotting the 4.3 tm mag, click buy and gleefully await my extra mag. It arrives and i notice hmm it looks a bit fat. Take out and dubiously try to place the mag into the magwell. Not even close to fitting, i think ah nuts theyve sent me a glock mag. Check the packaging, TM 4.3 HI-CAPPA.........Facepalm. Guess i should have the website a leetle more carefully. Still got it in my drawer in its packaging nosleep.gif

WE p14 c02.

Leafspring was seated incorrectly. Fixed it, then nozzle cracked.

Got new nozzle, then hammer sear wore down just as rear bit of slide cracked of.

Realizing I had made a mistake, turned away from the dark side and embraced

the power of a used TM Hi-capa at half the price! :)

I did the unthinkable.

I bought a Deepfire LAW, new.

Worst

Thing

Ever

You bought a Deepfire product?

You poor, poor bugger.

OT: My worst purchase has to be the time I bought a KJW M9 in Hong Kong, way back in the day when I was just starting out. It worked well for two games, then stopped feeding unless you held the magazine up. Then it started going full auto. Then it started venting after a few shots. Then the safety fell off. Then the rear of the slide broke. Then the outer barrel snapped. Then I bought an HFC M9 and it's still working, 7 years down the line. :D

Archived