Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

G&G m14 version 1 one of the first in the country, semi never worked which kind of defeated the object of an m14, full auto required monumental trigger finger strength, the trigger mech was a terrible design and made of pot metal, gave up on it in the end cut my losses and sold it for alot less than half of what id paid.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Big Dragon (wrongly advertised as Element on the website) MOSFET. Wired it all up lovely and made sure everything was nice and tidy in the gearbox and double checked the wiring... 5 shots and then, "do you smell burning?". My £30 introduction into the world of MSOFET's had just melted. :flamed:

Luckily I'm going past the retailer this Friday so I'm going to show them the gearbox and enquire WTF.

Marushin PPK SAS model.

Basically a NBB that had a straight to the rear trigger pull like a market plastic gun. Had no power, a cheap silencer, felt terrible and locked up after 5 shots.

Luckily it went as someone wanted it as a wall hanger.

Or my WE Model 3.8B 1911

Basically a cut down 1911 to Officers size but with all the trimmings like ambi safety, adjustable sights and funky trigger. It lasted all of a few magazines and would never lok back when empty even in the summer time when i got it.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

G&G m14 version 1 one of the first in the country, semi never worked which kind of defeated the object of an m14, full auto required monumental trigger finger strength, the trigger mech was a terrible design and made of pot metal, gave up on it in the end cut my losses and sold it for alot less than half of what id paid.

Ha, I remember when this came out, it was such a terrible gun. AI mag ripped it a new one iirc.

In fact another to add to mine:

TM Glock 17.

As much as i love TM i despise the Glock 17 design and this was no exception. Muted kick and nothing to report when firing coupled with a boring feel and shiny frame didn't help.

'FireKnife'

• 2 months later...

I love this thread :D

Mine are :

-TOP M60 VN, worked 10 minutes overall and kept breaking and falling appart

Sold it and the parcel arrived broken in two !

-Old M63 stoner kit for M4, cheap plastic, heavy price, ugly

-Tanaka M870, broke at home before the first game

-KWC colt national match, not even an half airsoft gun XD

Cheers

Well MP7 - bought it because I wasnt sure if I wanted an MP7 and therefore the cheaper option seemed better - couldn't push BBs past 10 yards

There's a number opf guns that i haven't even got round to skirmishing with before selling - although thats more me being a tempramental bugger rather than them being rubbish.

KSC MAC11 (Pre S7) takes the prize.

When it worked, the 5% of the time it could be relied upon to work- oh lordy, 1500rpm easily.

When it didn't work it spat BBs from the ejection port, jammed, sulked, misfed, vented gas and generally behaved like somekind of GBB petulant teenager.

Oh no doubting it.

I don't think Warrior make anything that is bad, I just rushed into it without trying a vest configuration first.

Being a decent bit of kit I sold it without a problem. :)

I think I can say the same for the Warrior Centurion Chest Rig and the RICAS I bought.

Centurion - used three times, didn't like it, sold it to a friend who loves the hell out of it.

RICAS - Tried it on for 5 minutes, thought how the hell am I supposed to move in this/feel hits, put all the pouches in my 'config' drawer, trying to find a buyer for the base.

TMV, it's a happy balance

Archived