Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

I bought a KSC M9 ( S7 ) with 2 spare mags a month ago, 1 of the spares leaked straight out of the box. The other one started leaking after it had seen maybe 20 rounds...

Working on getting them fixed, but GBB's are not exactly my cup of tea. <_<

The mags leaking after barely / not using them is a fail, although I must say I'm quite impressed with the M9.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everything I buy I end up selling dirt cheap, but the most epic fail was a JG m16 a4 I bought. I actually wanted a m16a1 fyll metal, everything was changed on the JG at least twice until it now resembles a partialm16a1

I had 3 gearboxes in there, 3 metal bodies etc. Cost way over 800 on it, only original part is the stock.

I think we can draw some important lessons from this thread:

1. Stay away from gas guns. Buy Marui or System 7 if you must. AEP is a perfectly legit sidearm, reliable, accurate, cheap.

2. Stay away from early model Chinese guns. Anything released before 2008 is almost sure to be a piece of manure.

3. Stay away from super expensive "rare" airsoft guns. They're like a high maintenance girlfriend, good in theory, nightmare and bankruptcy in practice.

4. Just don't buy a gun till about 4-5 different glowing reviews about it come out. It's never too late, though it can often be too early.

Hmm....

1. Um no. In CQB the most usable sidearms/pistols are gas. I don't consider AEPs skirmishable as they fire weak enough that people think they are getting hit by ricochets.

2. My first version AGM M14 rocks like a hurricane. Maybe thats the exception though.

3. Agreed. Soon as it breaks, so does your heart.

4. Partially agree. I heard lots of great reviews about the DBoys SPR, it was a pile of dog eggs. JLS RX4 was supposed to be pants, its one of the best guns I own. STAR L1A1, dont get me started. They were right about the Marushin Five-seveN and I still bought it :'(

This is one of the things about softing gear that never ceases to amaze me - QA is *albartroth*...

My Star L1a1 runs like a dream - no probs at all...others are poo

My ACM Comtacs broke in 2 days - others are still going strong

meh no consistancy!!!

I think we can draw some important lessons from this thread:

1. Stay away from gas guns. Buy Marui or System 7 if you must. AEP is a perfectly legit sidearm, reliable, accurate, cheap.

2. Stay away from early model Chinese guns. Anything released before 2008 is almost sure to be a piece of manure.

3. Stay away from super expensive "rare" airsoft guns. They're like a high maintenance girlfriend, good in theory, nightmare and bankruptcy in practice.

4. Just don't buy a gun till about 4-5 different glowing reviews about it come out. It's never too late, though it can often be too early.

wow that is spot on. Lmao. As for super expensive rare guns...dont buy them expecting them to be as skirmishable as a brand new KWA or G&G thats all...save those for the collectors with extreme fetishes towards realistic actions on a airsoft gun. But Idk where you got that about GBB's...sure nothing sucks more than it being about 1 degree too cold for your propane to actually work but in the summer they are great, plus AEP's suck eggs in anything more that close CQB, they hit like LPEG's but with more accuracy, no one is going to call their hits. As for my Epic fail airsoft purchase...Hmm...not quite sure probably the ACU molle vest that I never used simply because I had woodland BDU's lmao. Now I'm stuck with the remanants; two out of place ACU pouches on my OD RRV....

Anything i seem to buy i touch it and it breaks, although im sure my local gun smith now cowers and quivers when he sees me walking to him holding a gun bit of kit.

But the worst kit ive bought would be Viper South african assault vest or my wonderful set of acu why did i think they would be good for woodland skirmishes?

Or the wolf eye lam i hunted for years to find and then found after paying for it and trying it i couldnt turn the torch on constantly.

I dunno about that. If we all followed this then nobody would have any newer guns anymore, not to mention reviews of new stuff so we wouldn't know its verdict. It's nice to be adventurous once in a while, IF the funds are ample because sometimes you run across a keeper.

TT MAV 2 piece in black, stay away from gear in black. It was the first piece of gear I bought, and yes I learned my lesson.

Maruzen M870. Basically has been around a $250 paper weight, as I have only gotten it to fire once and no the gas cylinder leaks.

As stated earlier, unless you know exactly what you are doing, stay away from rare guns, especially rare gas guns.

Marushin M1 Garand

Looked oh so cool with the working en-bloc clip design and real wood. People even said that you could keep it working if you screwed stuff down tight.

Hop-up broke in a month, followed by part no. 45. It took me two years to find a new part 45 and hop-up. Get the idea? If you can't get parts, stay away :D

So-o-o-o much competition from my getting on for 9 years 'softing.

From a gun POV- Equal firsts go to:

GnG M14 V1....Ran like a train for one skirmish. Then destroyed every single component that moved- HOP, gears, selector, trigger, safety...everything- just stopped working/exploded or *suitcase* the bed.

Western Arms 1911 Series 80 Light.... This was sold to me as a 'special limited edition model'. It was....with good reason- there was no HOP and the whole thing weighed less than 400 grams

TM Uzi- superb handling, great fun and looks beautiful....all crippled by a trigger/safety bar with the tensile strength of compressed catlitter- accidentally press the trigger without gripping the grip safety and *PINK* you've written off your gun.

From a gear POV: The one, the only: Repro SAAV in black....What a POS. Tear-along-the-dotted-line stitching and self-adjusting ladder-locks meant that when it wasn't falling to pieces it was falling around my knees.....The only good thing that came from this POS was it made me buy a real TLBV in the earnest hope that real gear had to better than this- and thus has followed 10 years of geardoism :D

Deepfire M72 LAW

the biggest, most appallingly made piece of steaming donkey *suitcase* i have ever had the mispleasure of being on the same continent as. it worked for a day, and when i say worked i mean, the grenade was fired. completely useless with just a moscart in it, completly useless witht he thrown in foam balls, completely useless as a prop. it was just *suitcase*. made with ###### materials, lots of ###### design faults.

a good idea badly executed, badly designed and made with pisspoor materials.

eventually sold it to a mate who wanted to use it in a film as a non-firing prop. that was its calling.

The first skirmish gun I ever bought was a WA M4A1, yes, you heard right. Watched the Redwolf propaganda video on it and decided to get it. Traded in my M14 SOCOM for it too (biggest mistake ever). That thing was a piece of *suitcase* from the get go. And at 59,000 yen (600 USD or so) it was one expensive piece of *suitcase*.

Funny, I don' think I've ever seen anybody recommend a GBBR for practical reasons. Fun, yes. Practicality, no.

My worst purchase was a KJW M700.

It was so awful that I couldn't even bring myself to lie about it to any potential buyer.

I put off about half a dozen interested parties by explaining to them exactly why it sucks so badly.

Eventually I sold it to a local guy who said he was going to convert it to CO2 but I've never seen him field it since and I haven't got the heart to ask him what happened to it.

The old KSC Sig Pro's were...amusing. Legend has it that you could make them work but I've seen them defeat some very experienced GBB gents.

Also, the one WE that I bought to see if they were as bead as people said they were...was worse. I'd rather have TM plastic than WE metal any day.

I do have to take issue with the folks bashing all "rare" GBB's though. There are some that are lame but there are others that are awesome (like some of the rarer WA magna or MGC designs). It's just like new guns, some are great some are not. It really doesn't have anything to do with being rare.

CA AUG A1, what a POS. It had the typical CA QC (ie none) that you get on every new CA design, I should have known better but really like the look of the AUG (Don't like the mags either).

G3 A4, front heavy. I never got on with it and sold it shortly after getting it.

A51 special M40 A1, a strange "twang" noise on every shot was amusing rather than a problem but the Bolt turned out to be bent.

A couple of friends and I all bought the STAR 30rd Realcaps for the G36 back when they came out.

My two friends got one box of 10 each, I bought two, to a grand total of 40 magazines.

Guess how many would feed?

None. At least not reliably. Not in a CA, not in a TM.

Often they wouldn't even release the BB's when the retaining-nub was pulled back.

A couple of friends and I all bought the STAR 30rd Realcaps for the G36 back when they came out.

My two friends got one box of 10 each, I bought two, to a grand total of 40 magazines.

Guess how many would feed?

None. At least not reliably. Not in a CA, not in a TM.

Often they wouldn't even release the BB's when the retaining-nub was pulled back.

i bought the STAR g36 mid-cap boxset....never again :D Drop one of the mags, or even bang it slightly hard, and the spring gives up and refuses to work properly

MAG mags for my m4. Bought a box of ten, none of which fed properly. Didnt learn from my mistake and bought a box of MAG midcaps for my old MP5, which didnt even fit the magwell until i'd filed each mag down.

And a Galaxy MP5K, everybody raved that it was just as good as a TM MP5K. Everybody was wrong.

Darkchild

Echo 1 m14 EBR second hand shipped from the states..

spent ages in customs..

broke after a few months and never shot right from the start, and required proprietary parts to replace the broken parts, or completely replacing everything with tm or aftermarket parts..

Kinda like buying a skoda, spending 15k to fix it up, and at the end having a completely new car that looks total different, and not a single peice of skoda remains...

Leaves me with the distinct impression of epic fail.. Since then ive brought top quality stuff, unless i knew i wouldnt use it much.

buy right or buy twice....

MAG mags for my m4. Bought a box of ten, none of which fed properly. Didnt learn from my mistake and bought a box of MAG midcaps for my old MP5, which didnt even fit the magwell until i'd filed each mag down.

And a Galaxy MP5K, everybody raved that it was just as good as a TM MP5K. Everybody was wrong.

Darkchild

What? MAGs are the bomb! They work in my G&G M4 like a champ and I've tested them in KWAs, JGs, Dboys, and all sorts of brands. King arms ones are t3h failz though, my friend bought ten of them and they wouldn't feed at all in his kwa and feed decent in my g&g (put them last in my loadout with the MAGs first). So I guess it depends on the gun. What type M4 do you have?

Archived