Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

This does sound like you were at least partly to blame

Well, this was years ago - back when the only gas airsoft 226 was the Tanaka and someone made a metal kit for it (forget who now), so when someone advertises a full metal 226 airsoft, thinking that you are going to, in fact, get an airsoft gun is a fair assumption...

Let me guess, you're the guy that sold it to me..    :D  (just kidding)

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back before even Classic Army had made their M249,i went bought the Top with PGC gen1 gearbox.

1300 euros down the drain.

PTW M16 max. Seller had put 1600e on it, sold it to me for 500 cause no1 could fix it. Me and many others tried, all failed. Sold in parts. Aprox 450e loss in parts.

PTW M4 CK, spent nearly a year broken cause no spares were aviable, then just re-broke all of em.

Sold in parts. Nearly 800e loss.

Western Arms infinity, about 800 euros worth of parts, never worked properly. Sold in parts.

Tm PSG-1, tuned to the max, gearbox broke, no spares existed at the time. 3 months till I got one. Someone replaced the internals with a paintball guns parts story goes.

Nearly a grand down the drain

Lesson of the story, big bucks don't make it good... I miss being rich.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Army Armaments L85 - the worse purchase! Blowback put massive strain on the gearbox and then all the internals imploded

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LOL  The gears were "OK", its the piston and electricals were made from the same plastic that "melts" under any sort of heat/stress load.  The other issue is the brass bushings which causes everything to implode.  The other thing is the horrendous Hop up unit giving substandard accuracy.

Change the brass bushings out, and change to a G&G L85 wiring system, and then mod a reinforced 17 toothed piston, with a new M4 hop unit and generally the gun runs pretty good....

...until it jams in a firefight from semi-auto lockup.

ALL of my AEG's Except my Echo 1 red star and RS Type 97.

I've bought several AEG's and built several more myself.

The only good thing that came out of hundreds of dollars wasted was an enourmous box of spare parts, and the knowledge that even though it says "marui clone" or "mauri compatable" or "anything compatable" for that matter.

It's not. it never is.

Am I the only one who seems to be able to get A&K SAWs working or something?  Those things are fantastic for the price I pay for them and requires hardly any work or upkeep.  They are way more robust than the A&K M60 series.

I got scammed. But it works now, although I never really use it.

Multiple sets of ACM headsets and PTTs. Must have spent £100s replacing them as they broke. Buy cheap buy twice! Waiting out on some real Sordins now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get the 75303 with lemo and bone mic.

You need a specific ptt that works with 1 radio and a 100$ adapter off eBay.

I'm sending mine to srstactical to get setup for civi coms, but for the 150$ price one can not complain.

Socom Gear/Madbull M107 Shell Ejecting GBBR. Worst POS I've ever purchased. shot about 10 rounds, before slamfire/james starts to occur. Funny thing is, I only actually shot 1 BB accidentally through the system because of the dry firing system. All the rest were just dry fire shell cycling...

1800 down the drain... brand new too, and that's why all the retailers pulled them off the shelf... This would've never passed in the US as a product... would've been recalled so quickly..

Archived