Intro

Finally someone decided to release an Ambi-selector for the WE M4. I'll jump into the review right away.

It cost me $180 HK Dollars, propably about 11- 15 quid.

Follow step 5 and 6 to disassemble selector: http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/lower-receiver-takedown

Installation

This is what came with the packaging:

CIMG3148.jpg

The safety itself and a hex key.

Just with any other TSC product it's won't work 100% without modification. (Except for those bolt lock plates)

When i first installed it with the selector detent, detent spring and pistol grip the selector was very stiff, i physically cannot turn it to the Auto position.

Then i took it apart and when compared to the stock selector the gap where the detent goes are narrower which caused the stiffness and ultimately me not being able to select Auto.

The Gap (Sorry about the blurry picture, the camera didn't like to focus on it):

CIMG3149.jpg

I whipped out my dremel and slightly widened the recess, but that only solved the issue of stiffness. I had to widen the hole on the Auto bit of the selector to let the detent slide in and let me select auto. I applied some silicone lube just to help it going, then i reassembled the whole thing. Then the selector worked, mine is still a bit on the stiff side but i cannot be bothered to undo the loctite and take it back out and dremel it again. You can fine tune yours by trial and error.

Aesthetics

It's black like the stock one and there's a machined out notch on the right side so you can fire on Semi without it being in the way of your trigger finger.

You can see some machine marks on the right side but frankly i'm not bothered about that. TSC said it's made of cast hardened steel but i don't have a magnet with me.

Left Side:

CIMG3153.jpg

Right Side:

CIMG3154.jpg

Thanks for 4Boost and Renegadecow for letting me know how to take the stock selector out. :P

4Boost, feel free to put this onto the WE M4 Wiki. I'd love to contribute to that.

Please comment, this is my second review and i may do more in the not very far future.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Sorry about the massive images, i don't know how to scale them down.Int

Edited by alston251
  • 3 weeks later...

This sure isn't as good as their magazine bolt lock plates. But this surely was much better than the TSC 10.5" barrel i got.

It was wobbly as hell, flash hider threading was messed up. (I could only screw a flash hider on half the way then it would get stuck)

I think the charging handle i got was TSC as well, i was going for PMC but they ran out of stock for the type i wanted.

It fitted, had no issues at all, so far it hasn't snapped and i think i like it.

• 1 year later...

Allright I just installed this on my WE M4 and one thing baffles me. When the right side selector is installed it leaves about 1mm gap from the body to the right side selector, which means that when you manupulate the lever from the right side and get some pressure on it it will offset the selector that 1mm to the left side, making the selector either not work at all or feel really weird...

I guess shimming it in some way would fix this ?

Other than that I was suprised that it was a "drop in fit" considering its a TSC product :|

Forgot to mention this could be because I am running a RS selector detent which does not seat fully into the detent holes of the selector, but still I guess the problem could exist on a stock WE rifle.

Edited by NonEx
  • 2 months later...

Just yesterday did I testfire my M4 after installing the TSC selector. The thing now makes my M4 shoot full auto on semi, bump fire or not fire at all. Complete and utter trash. I will hereby officially swear to not purchase any more TSC products...