New software, new site new everything

Okay folks we're on a new box finally, new software new forums and lots for us all to do here on the staff side of things. I've been working hard with lots of other people to ensure we go things done as swiftly as possible for everyone. So far so good. We've migrated all the data and the forums are now alive!

There will be things that we need to fix so bear with us. Please post about issues in the usual forum area.

I'm glad we're back, and thanks to all the guys who put in effort to get this guy up again. Doing work on my own webserver and getting ready to transfer to another server and I will soon be feeling the pain!

I guess, I'm not a huge fan of the new theme though. The old theme felt very professional, this new one reminds me of something you'd expect from a free forum hosting group like PHPBB. In time I know I'll get used to it, but it still is a little bothersome to me. We were on vB were we not? Why the switch to IPboards? Matters not :) Now to get used to the highly integrated HTML tags in forum posts!

Yeah I created a custom skin on the old IPB forums which we used. It was errr... about 5 years old (at least). We are currently using the default IPB skin. I've just tacked a new header image on it so we have a logo.

I intend to make it much more homely for us and design the skin to be in keeping with news and vice versa. It's just more important at the moment that we get the backend software all working. I can then work on the looks bit. :)

Right, but what I was talking about was the fact that if you click the little square next to someone's user name it will bring up a new small window and in the bottom right corner of that it says "reputation: 0"

For those of you not happy with the "standard" format, don't forget what Arnie said:

I intend to make it much more homely for us and design the skin to be in keeping with news and vice versa. It's just more important at the moment that we get the backend software all working. I can then work on the looks bit. :)

So just have a little patience ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.