New software, new site new everything

Any idea where the PM archives went? I was storing some very important PMs, mostly to do with Project AUG, and now they're all gone.

I wish I'd had some sort of notice that this move was going to happen - the first I heard about it was when I couldn't get into the Forums over Easter.... <_< (probably my fault for not seeing the notice, though...)

Any idea where the PM archives went? I was storing some very important PMs, mostly to do with Project AUG, and now they're all gone.

I wish I'd had some sort of notice that this move was going to happen - the first I heard about it was when I couldn't get into the Forums over Easter.... <_< (probably my fault for not seeing the notice, though...)

Hedge,

Info here

Thanks, IronWolf.

I swear, the biggest problem with this forum is that there's just so *much* of it to try to keep track of...

On a slightly related note, is there some code that would make all links open in a new tab/window? I'm pretty sure they did before, but now they don't...

Cant that be adjusted in the browser itself ( an option somewhere to open all links in a new window or a new tab )?

Its a little disorientating at first, but the new look is nice and refreshing. There does seem to be an issue with how posts display in IE7 though- works fine in Firefox though so it may just be me ( havent upgraded to IE 8 yet.. ).

Given that previous forum links opened in a new tab, and currently they do not, whilst I haven't changed any settings in the meantime, it would seem that it's something to do with the script or code in the links, rather than the browser settings.

My Firefox browser has a setting to open new windows in new tab instead, can't see an option to open every link in a new tab....

Signatures rebuilt, announcements rebuilt, calender events rebuilt.

Still to go:

- personal conversations

- "about me" pages

This have yet to be done correctly hence there are PMs missing. The post and PM rebuild is going to take some time. There's 2 million posts to rebuild for one.

The forums are loading SUPERFAST for me now. Whatever you did, my hat is off to you, Arnie!

If you have any graphics/flash you would like I can whip up some if you would like. I just dimensions and a cursory explaination of what you fancy to get rolling. Just an offer.

Thanks, IronWolf.

I swear, the biggest problem with this forum is that there's just so *much* of it to try to keep track of...

On a slightly related note, is there some code that would make all links open in a new tab/window? I'm pretty sure they did before, but now they don't...

Hedge, see here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=183972

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.