VFC Barrett M82A1

lionel

Nice catch...sorry for being imprecise...

to be more clear I believe that the US Senate never ratified any of them, and in the US all treaties require Senate approval...so in short, I think the US signed, but never ratified...(Sorry I was a history major in college so I'm a bit of a geek about it)

Edit: I re-read the list you sighted and see that the US approved the terms of the prisoner and use of the red cross treaty, with reservations...so in a sense we are both correct...the senate got the draft, crossed a bunch of stuff out and then ratified it...figures :)

That being said this has no bearing on the 8mm plastic version...sorry for the hijack of this post guys.

Best of luck getting these guns to work properly

Jimi

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, its been a crime I know but the M82 was sat on the floor for over a week before I even had time to stroke it lovingly.

However, had a little play now and I can say I have put about 350 rounds through it without a problem so I can only say that either

a. The internal components have been changed for more reliable ones as VFC promised (mine was from the second batch og M82's)

b. The fact that I am using only 134a gas is less of a strain on the gun

c. b + c

d. I am just a lucky SOB

VFC actually recommended using the stronger gases but TBH the gun is more than scary using 134 and firing those malteser sized BB's (why do my posts always contain reference to confectionary lately?)

I use a net catching target for back garden plinking and zero-ing the sights, the M82 put the bb through the target, right through the netting and shattered against the wall behind.

Havent had time to spray the little fella up but I am starting to like it in its plain grey.......

M82.jpg

nice choice of colors, i cant get VFC to contact me back no matter how hard i try :(

What happend this time was that a little nut that kept the trigger assembly to the firing pin was loose and wasn't bringing the bolt back enough to cycle.

It would be nice if VFC or GB-Tec would bother to anwser at least one of my questions about what was changed in v2 and if they will update people with V1's or sell the conversion.

Hehe, yes syndrome, get some sleep that is only the light effect but I do think that it would make a nice basis for a good camo scheme to be honest, maybe with some stronger contrasts, guess I will be getting the airbrush out after all!

Seems strange they haven't been in contact with you, VFC/GBtech have always been very quick off the mark to answer my enquiries :huh:

I finally received my replacement parts from GB-Tech.

The hop up rubber is totally different then the first, it's smaller, less pliable, and seams a lot stronger.

The valve is also different, it's beefier, and has better seals.

Now that I have all the hop up parts I was able to fire the gun.

I'm totally unimpressed, they move quite fast, but this gun is not accurate at all! My BB's come out, go for about 75ft, then curve very sharply to the left. It might be the hop up, but I have not had time to mess with it.

I also figured out why the gun would lot chamber the next BB, the little spring & retainer on the mag, shifted, I had to disassemble the mag, and reset the spring and BB retainer, it now will chamber the next BB with out me moving the mag.

I also messed with the trigger a bit, and it seams to be lighting up a bit, I actually bruised my finger shooting it.

I'm still totally disappointed in the gun, and will sell it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Apprently they dont like my name or something, after sending 2 emails from my normal email *the one i've talked to them with before* and my alternate email, and still getting no response makes me a saaaaaaaaad panda :(

Syndrome, any updates? Have they fixed you up or are you just in a fix? :huh:

Syndrome, any updates? Have they fixed you up or are you just in a fix?  :huh:

They finally told me, The new thing in the second batch is making it easier to disasemble the internals, so no big changes to the internals themselves, just moving brackets around and making it not require a joint tool of sorts.

As for the barret, after a stop to home depot, it is up and running again, though i am in need of a new hop-up thats another story and i'll leave it at that.

so the beast is back in action. Now the real dilema, Need for cash VS need for scary airsoft gear.

:/ i might need the 900$ more.

Oh the cost of being an airsoft guinea pig.  :(

I was so eager to throw money at this gun but I am not willing to throw that kind of money at a new gun that turns out to be a project gun.  :blink:

Hey when it works, it is very fearfull, i've had people turn around and run off before when i whipped the puppy down infront of me, best part is when i run with it, i hold it horizontal across the back of my sholders with one arm so it looks mean.

Once the little bolt was fixed the gun is golden, you just gotta take care of it like any other gun.

The hopup i recieved from them is torn slightly, but it still works, i'm fixing it before i sell it of course. thats the only drawback left on the gun, once the hopup is set, they fly.

Archived