VFC Barrett M82A1

lionel

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do look like a back-breaking piece of ordnance, that's for sure. I love 'em; I think they look ugly but mean (like the SPAS, or the A10 Thunderbolt), and I bet there's always a few 'oohs' and 'aahs' when they're deployed to take out lager cans with extreme prejudice ;)

"Coming soon from the same company that brought your GB-TECH, the new VFC M82A1 is a gas-powered monster that is capable of firing an 8mm BB at amazing velocities. Constructed entirely from solid steel, this rifle weighs a whopping 9Kg, which is still a couple Kg short of the real steel version. RedWolf Airsoft is the authorized dealer for VFC and will be carrying this new rifle by the end of May. This M82A1 is capable of using RED GAS and TOP GAS with maximum power potential of over 700fps for certain markets (power will be reduced in accordance with local market laws). Removable magazine is heavy and solid, while the open bolt design reveals a large dummy shell. This is as real as it gets! Stay tuned for more information on this amazing rifle."

That's from Redwolf, sounds like no one will be using it.

i got my money on standby for the VFC when it comes out. Yeah my team is making engagment distinces for me (which is alot bigger) when i get it. Ill post up pics when i get it

What's the minimum distance, 100yds? :P I'd get one because its semi and chambered in 8mm, but that power is just redicules.

Should I spot one of these at a game, I'm getting a personal injury attorney on the phone before we start.

LOL. Sounds like it'd make a better normal target rifle than an actual airsoft gun... Wouldn't be fun to lug it around personally... not only would you have to carry some sort of serious back up... engagement range minimum... 150 ft...

Alex "Col Sanders"

Just spoke with Henry at WGC about it. RRP is going to be around 1280USD for the complete rifle.

Chaps in the USA might like it, but if it's got real decals on it it won't get into the country through customs without them being properly obscured (and the orange import muzzle required under federal law) as being made of steel it'll get jumped on for inspection. 1280USD is a lot to drop on an import that might get crushed.

The CA249 just got some competition in my book. I'd definately want the velocity to be much lower though.

Not to mention, if its gas it'll suck in the winter.

The MSRP is $1280 eh? That probly means about $1100 retail from HK. WGC has a nice habit of covering trades with hardcore tape, leaving them completely unaltered. I may yet get a M82. >< I <3 .50cal, more than a friend.....

Just spoke with Henry at WGC about it. RRP is going to be around 1280USD for the complete rifle.

Chaps in the USA might like it, but if it's got real decals on it it won't get into the country through customs without them being properly obscured (and the orange import muzzle required under federal law) as being made of steel it'll get jumped on for inspection. 1280USD is a lot to drop on an import that might get crushed.

$1280USD. I think 20 of my Franklins will cover that. :P

Archived