This is something I just found while browsing; when you click on a link (url) in a post, instead of opening the link in a new window, it opens the link in the current window instead of the forum. :(

Is there a way to change that from my settings or is that something that would need to be edited from the other end?

Would it be terribly hard to make ALL links open in a new window? Even the site links? Because Many times I will be reading a thread with some explanations and additional links (within the forum) for info, and if I click on the link, I lose the topic I was reading...

^^ Seconded.

I can confirm that external site links are opening for me (Firefox 3.6) in new tabs.

Links for forum threads are using the same tab. I'd prefer to have these open in a new tab also, for the reasons stated above, you often want to open a link to a thread without losing the thread you're reading...

Although I'm trying to build the "right-click open in new tab" habit to get around this...

Edited by Hedganian

Arnie, on the mod side of things; having links within the site open in a different window helps with reports as well, because when you open the report and click to see the reported post, you lose the report and all the info posted in it ;)