Issues with new forum

When I eventually figured out how to get into the options of this new forum layout, I found that several of the options are duplicated.

These include, but are not limited to, the IM usernames, Interests, Gender, Birthday, Location, and so on.

Just thought I'd point it out.

Overall, a good job by whoever ported the information across, everything seems to have come through pretty much intact...

Edit: Except my sig, apparently. The acronym tag doesn't seem to work anymore. Does this new forum not use the same BBcode script tags as the old one?

Another edit: Also, the new post emails seem to have links to the first post in the topic, rather than the most recent. And a LOT of posted links are broken, they display with the ... in the middle, but the URL linked to also has the ... in the middle and is therefore incomplete and won't load correctly. AND the links don't open in a new tab/window like they used to.

Edited by Hedganian

Custom profile fields all fixed - I simply removed the duplicates.

Regarding the acronym tag issue can you link me to a post or something that gives me a quick example? I've checked the code and the bbcode is listed:

[acronym={option}]{content}[/acronym]

I recently rebuilt sigs, did that fix your sig?

In the interests of being a "good" forum user and not pissing of the Mods - I've had enough issues with Sigs over the past couple of years - I had already edited my sig to remove all the defunct acronym tags.

I'll carry out a test now.

Edit: Sadly, the code you've reproduced above doesn't seem to work. :(

The previous code from my sig, which was working before the move was:

[acronym title='title'][content][/acronym]

But that doesn't work any more either.

Edited by Hedganian

Don't know how long the cookies are set to live for the site, I will check later. Remaining logged in is dependant on the validity set for the login cookie. It will ahve been set ot default in the upgrade I should think. Easiest way get your browser to remember your login ;)

Mine remembers me for at least 24-48hrs on this box.

Testing acronyms:

wibble

notlob