G&G magazine compatibility

Agent47

Thinking of getting the G2000 as a guest gun in the future but I don't like the ridiculously long hicap mag - I was told that there is a piece of rubber inside the magwells you have to cut away if you want other mags to seat properly in G&G guns. If any of you use G&G AEGs with other companies' magazines how did you modify the magwell or mag itself?

Was not the case on my G&G GR16 blowback

fits G&G, Star, MAG, Dboys and ICS Mags without modification (not tried any others)

have to say I have not heard of this before! but I have very limited experience with G&G guns! :)

I was told that there is a piece of rubber inside the magwells you have to cut away if you want other mags to seat properly in G&G guns.
's funny, because the F2000 isn't even out yet, plus, I guess they'll be following the standard and make the magwell so all AEG M16 mags fit without problems. I guess it'd look swell with EMags or PMags.

Not on the mag-catch - there's one screw hole sticking out of the gearbox frame that gets in the way of BB catch housing on the magazine. In hi-caps, the housing is shorter to allow for a loading hole, but other mags need to have a bit of the housing sawed off... or the offending bit on the gearbox frame sawed off, one or the other.

I was told that there is a piece of rubber inside the magwells you have to cut away if you want other mags to seat properly in G&G guns.

I've owned a number of G&G AEG's and the only model I have come across that has had a piece of rubber in the magwell was the RK103. The piece of rubber created a snug fit with all the AK-47 and 74 style mags I used with it and all the brands of mags I tried worked fine. Some had a tighter fit than others but they still worked.

As far as the G2000 having the same rubber piece?? I have no idea but there is a good chance it will not since every G&G model I've come across, besides RK100 series, has NOT had the little rubber piece in the magwell.

Archived