• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, eHobby and Rhino Airsoft are sending the reinforced part in to everyone who bought from them.

Both retailers doing this make me think Magpul PTS is behind it. Great service so far.

Redwolf should follow. There's no reason why they wouldn't. e-Mail them and check.

But now I have another problem...

I cant shoot bursts longer than 3-5 rounds in full auto before the fire selector returns to the disassembly-position.

I tried 2 full 50 rd mags with the slide on the original frame and it gave me no problems.

So the problem must be in the hammer compartment of the Madbul frame.

It seems a lever from the Fire selector assembly gets pushed up. I * Think * it's called a sear.

It doesn't seem worn and I only have it for 3-4 months, so...

Anyone have an idea?

thx

This is the exact issue I'm getting, assembling the fire selector was a right bugger of a job and now it clicks back to the dis-assembly position after firing ~2-3 shots full auto. Semi seems to pretty much be working fine, though the same thing happens even with that occasionally. No problems so far with the latch for the top cover, but not being able to use auto when the G18 itself worked fine is annoying.

This is the exact issue I'm getting, assembling the fire selector was a right bugger of a job and now it clicks back to the dis-assembly position after firing ~2-3 shots full auto. Semi seems to pretty much be working fine, though the same thing happens even with that occasionally. No problems so far with the latch for the top cover, but not being able to use auto when the G18 itself worked fine is annoying.

Indeed. I tried skirming with it yesterday. At least once a mag I needed to open the top and place the selector in semi again. Not fun.

Magpul kind of let usdown then. :(

Edited by Lone_Bullet

Hm, well glad to hear it's not just me at any rate, would have been even more worried otherwise.

I'm no expert at all with Glock GBBs, this is the first one I've owned, however looking at the system the selector uses I'd imagine it's something with the small spring/ball bearing that keeps it in position, probably not strong enough in some way. My first though is that perhaps the spring in the PTS replacement selector lever isn't as 'springy' as the original, hence it not pushing hard enough on the ball bearing and staying in place. I've watched it function with the top open and it doesn't look like the slide is hitting the actual body of the FPG kit, so when I get a chance I'm going to look in to swapping the springs over for the original to see if that helps things, though I've no idea how easy this will be as they seem to be retained within the selector somehow, but I'm guessing it must still be possible to remove them one way or another.

Rhino Airsoft answered me that they've sent the replacement part out ( might be delayed by the volcanic ash cloud over the EU ).

No words on the sear problem though.

CKinnerley, I'm almost positive that it has nothing to do with the fireselector, that because I tried fitting the slide with the low profile fireselector installed on my standard G18c frame and I fired 2 long mags without problems ( well, except for a bit of cooldown ).

I think the sears are misshapen on the FPG as they show very worn and the original sears barely do ( I've skirmed the original KWA G18c for about 4 months now ).

Perhaps they're not catching?

I must admit I totally didn't think to try that, I've just put the FPG modified slide back on to my KWA frame and it functions just fine, no selector slip. Why the hammer not being held by the sear would cause this issue I'm not sure, as I wouldn't have thought the actual position of the selector would be influenced by the hammer, but again I'm no expert on Glock GBBs so maybe I'm completely wrong.

I've tried firing and manually cycling the slide with it installed in the FPG and the top open and it does it, but it doesn't appear that the outside of the selector lever itself is coming in to contact with the body of the FPG at all, so it would certainly seem to point to the problem being inside the FPG lower somewhere.

I've had a reply from Rhino Airsoft concerning the fire selector:

Hello ****,

I would like to ask whether you G18C is new or old ?

Many people encounters similar problem, it is because of the design of the

G18 selector. If you aware, you know there is a ball bearing for fixing

each position of the selector, and you will find that, the position,

especial for the full auto, the indent on the slide that let the bearing to

sit in is quite shallow. My friend tried to make it deeper by drilling it a

bit and that would make the situation better. One of my friend even drill a

hole and fix it in auto position. :P

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

I've replied with:

Hello ****!

I did not receive that email, I'm sorry. Thank you for the very rapid response though!

I have the G18c for 4 months now I think ( I still have the receipt ) and the sears on the original frame are not showing any wear and tear.

I tried firing the modified slide on the original frame and after firing 2 long mags it still works fine.

So it does have something to do with the FPG, I think.

If Magpul doesn't recognise the problem I guess I'll have to try your trick anyway :) .

But first, now that it is still covered by warranty, I'd like to try to ask Madbul for a replacement.

I hope you don't mind the hassle.

I thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

5 minutes later, their reply:

Hi,****,

As far as I know, there is no improved part at the moment and quite a number of people encounters this problem too.

I would suggest you to try my trick, that will solve your problem faster I believe. :)

Best Regards,

So Rhino Airsoft knows about the problem, and I guess so does Madbul.

But, although the trick might work fine, it doesn't really solve the problem, does it? :(

On a side note: I have replaced the Madbul sears with the original sears. It did not help, at the contrary: the burst has decreased to semi.

Edited by Lone_Bullet

I cant show you, but it's a latch on the end of the upper spring-guide. when you check between the cheek-rest and the rear end of the 20mm rail, you'll see a button which will open up your FPG's slide compartment. the latch attached to that button breaks.

When you'll receive it, it'll probably work its self out.

Just out of interest, are there sights on the carrying handle?

Yes, but very basic ones. Not really what you should be using.

I've played around with this gun a bit, it's nice. It really depends on what you did to the Glock 18C base to begin with.

The 50 round magazines are a must. They really help to stabilize the gas and you get more consistent performance. Also it seems to fold out better with the magazine in. To use it in a game, you really need to take off the carrying handle and mount a red dot.

Changing the fire selector is a pain since you need to break the stock open and pull the slide out.

I'm thinking of something: I *think* the fire selector is getting out of position because of the force of the metal slide slamming back and forth. Is this possible to be reduced by putting a stronger recoilspring?

a stronger recoil spring will make your slide slam forward even harder

you can try putting something behind the spring so it doesn't move backward so far or less powerfull gas

you can also try to replace the small spring behind the metal ball that keeps the lever in place

a stronger recoil spring will make your slide slam forward even harder

you can try putting something behind the spring so it doesn't move backward so far or less powerfull gas

you can also try to replace the small spring behind the metal ball that keeps the lever in place

Mmm, true. I thought because it's a harder spring, it would not kick back as hard, but indeed it'll instead kick harder forward...

I just thought of another thing. Since I'll be using it as a CQB weapon and CQB is semi only here, I'll convert it to a semi only FPG by swapping the hammer assembly and slide with an G17 one.