• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to disagree, unless the instructions you got were different to mine, I thought they were quite lacking in a lot of details and assumed a lot of the person following them. A picture may say a thousand words, but sometimes a certain amount of words are needed to go along with the pictures. Personally, I'd say that someone with 0 experience of taking airsoft guns apart is probably going to struggle a bit with this, but then again I guess there's only one way to find out.

Do post up if you get the issue with the non-compliant selector uscm, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

ooooh can you get magpul branded extended mags ?

Nope. You use KSC/KWA Extended Glock mags and swap out the base plate with the one Magpul PTS supplies with the FPG. They supplied me with one mag and a few spare base plates. The other 4 long mags are mine that I bought specifically for the gun. I've generally been pretty impressed with KSC/KWA mags over the years ... most of my mags for the many guns they make that I own don't leak.

I tend to disagree, unless the instructions you got were different to mine, I thought they were quite lacking in a lot of details and assumed a lot of the person following them. A picture may say a thousand words, but sometimes a certain amount of words are needed to go along with the pictures. Personally, I'd say that someone with 0 experience of taking airsoft guns apart is probably going to struggle a bit with this, but then again I guess there's only one way to find out.

Guess, I found it more straight forward than others do. I'm more used to conversion kits with no instructions at all, so perhaps it's all relative. That said, looking again at the instructions provided with the gun, it seemed more than adequate to me. I stripped the gun as soon as I received it (well after I put a couple mags through it) to see how some of the internals were working.

waiting for delivery of mine from HK

FYI it was ~£400 delivered including the fitting of the KSC Glock 18C and a couple of extended mags, so it should be ready to fire straight out of the box

:)

has anyone seen the FPG drop leg holster in the flesh ?

If they make it in tan/cb.....

BTW, is there a fix for those selector issues people were having? (selector moving to the neutral position that makes the gun not cycle) Or has the problem worked itself out?

I've emailed Magpul PTS to see what they have to say on the matter and to see what revised parts they are shipping under warranty ... I'll post their reply when they send it

I finaly gave in, Ordered the FPG + 18 slide set & 5 long mags for £400 which seems pretty good from evike. Cheaper than my damn MP7 anyway.

Emailed them asking if it will come with the Reinforced PTS parts to check. Pointer it could be easily missed but evike are doing a 10% discount at the moe with a coupon code found on there website you have to put in yourself during checkout ;)

Edit: Has this been posted? spotted on Arnies home,

FPG installation guide.

Edited by 1st_shooter

I wonder how long the hinge of the "upper reciever" will hold if you have to disconnect it by bending it slightly out of shape.

Can someone post or send me some pics of the kit in the box. I'd like to assess the size of the package and need some for our customs department.

I'm thinking about getting one of these when I come back to the US.

What would be some good parts for the G18 to really make it shoot harder/better/faster?

I'll probably use an old KWA G18 for the base, would a plastic slide increase ROF?

I might buy a G&G metal slide anyways, I want to have the G18C useful aswell.

What about a threaded barrel? Is the G18's barrel just 'sitting' in the FMG? Pointing in the 'out' direction?

On the RS the barrel is full length almost.

I'd really like to maby put a longer G&G threaded barrel in there. Isn't the G32 barrel long enough? Maby i'd have to fab my own.

I know it kills the 'hidden-ness' of the gun, but I'm using this mainly to play with around the house, and a few games outside. (I'll be getting a WE SCAR for real gaming). I like supressors, since this airsoft and there's really no bang.

Would a harder recoil spring be wise for this gun?

What about like a firefly rocket valve or something? (I mean internals in the slide, I can never seem to find any good glock upgrade guides.)

Any re-enforced parts I can buy would be nice. I want to build a good G18C not just for the FMG.

How much are used Glocks going for? Are they still at the 80-100 dollar mark like 4 years ago lol?

I'm thinking about getting one of these when I come back to the US.

What would be some good parts for the G18 to really make it shoot harder/better/faster?

I'll probably use an old KWA G18 for the base, would a plastic slide increase ROF?

I might buy a G&G metal slide anyways, I want to have the G18C useful aswell.

What about a threaded barrel? Is the G18's barrel just 'sitting' in the FMG? Pointing in the 'out' direction?

On the RS the barrel is full length almost. Attaching a silencer defeats the purpose of the weapon of beeing conceilable as you mentioned below and fast to deploy when needed. If you like a silencer on your pistol carbine mod you could go with the KPOS Pistol Rifle Platform. Compared to the Magpul "Airsoft" version it's real steel and therefore sturdier but also more expensive. You can use if for almost every type of Glock except the G18 or two different SIG pistols. It's more like a small railed MP7 where you can attach almost everything than the rather spartan version of the FPG. It already comes with a lot of accessories in the stock version.

0.jpg

Looks like this fully packed with the stock collapsed. Aimpoint, silencer and laser are not included.

I'd really like to maby put a longer G&G threaded barrel in there. Isn't the G32 barrel long enough? Maby i'd have to fab my own. I don't think the kit is designed to accept silencers.

I know it kills the 'hidden-ness' of the gun, but I'm using this mainly to play with around the house, and a few games outside. (I'll be getting a WE SCAR for real gaming). I like supressors, since this airsoft and there's really no bang.

Any re-enforced parts I can buy would be nice. I want to build a good G18C not just for the FMG. You need to modify the Glock internaly and remove the sights to be able to use it on the FPG kit, doesn't look like you can swap it just like that on the video. I might be wrong though, would be great if you could pull of the slide and use it.

Edited by Enforcer

I wonder how long the hinge of the "upper reciever" will hold if you have to disconnect it by bending it slightly out of shape.

Can someone post or send me some pics of the kit in the box. I'd like to assess the size of the package and need some for our customs department.

Here is how my FMG arrived.

08150001.jpg

So I got my FPG, review this weekend.

Its awesome, but two things of note I'd liek to share. 1) Full Auto doesn't work, the selector moves off of auto into neutral after you put a 3 round burst through it... I don't think this is pts's fault, but rather KWA/KSC's flawed and archaic selector design. More on this later.... 2) That set screw under the rear sight is TINY, my big-ol' set of allen wrenches were all too big... I had to use a glasses repair kit screwdriver(flathead) to remove the grub screw. Just a heads up...

re: revised parts ... if you contact Magpul directly and give them your serial number they can check if you need any parts sent out ... they told me :

***snip***

After checking the data base, I can confirm that the upgraded part was installed for your FPG.

***snip***

The way to tell the difference between the upgraded part and the non-upgraded part is by looking at the locking latch for the rear of the top cover. The old version had horizontal grooves where your finger contacts the latch. The new version doesn't. That said, I broke my new latch that came with my sample. This might not be typical of all new latches. I'm working with PTS right now to figure it out. Personally, I think this part would be better if it were reinforced in some way, or made from metal. The part breaks when you flip the gun open with too much force.

The way to tell the difference between the upgraded part and the non-upgraded part is by looking at the locking latch for the rear of the top cover. The old version had horizontal grooves where your finger contacts the latch. The new version doesn't. That said, I broke my new latch that came with my sample. This might not be typical of all new latches. I'm working with PTS right now to figure it out. Personally, I think this part would be better if it were reinforced in some way, or made from metal. The part breaks when you flip the gun open with too much force.

strange .. my seemingly "confirmed by email as revised" revised part has horizontal grooves on the button on the top cover latch ?