$400?! I paid that much for the kit, KSC G18 slide AND 4x long mags (It was a tad bit over 400- maybe 430ish, though if you include HK shipping, which I didn't pay, the full gun would cost the same-ish). I also came up with an easy, non-permanent (you cannot change it mid game, though) fix for the walking selector. Superglue. I dumped mag after mag through it, and it works flawlessly with just a dab of superglue. Easy to get off too, as superglue doesn't bond so well to painted metal, all you need is something to chip it off or some acetone, etc.

Personally not a fan of the long barrel (although it looks better), as it would raise the FPS to ridiculous (near 400) levels, meaning it would be unusable in most of the CBQ places I know of, and wouldn't be considered a backup/sidearm by the rules of most fields I play at.

Edited by Vercingetorix
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, i was looking at building an FPG and wondering on what i would need. The Magpul Kit and KSC G18c slide are a given. But since i don't have a KSC G18c lying around i was gonna hodgepodge it together. ProWin has an after market slide/outer barrel they sell. What would i need? the gas chamber thing, the inner barrel and hop-up chamber, the bucking, recoil spring? Am i getting this right? I don't know what's in the G18c exactly, but from what i can see in my TM G17 i could easily part the thing together right? I assume the ProWin slide is a direct drop in slide for the KSC G18c? Thanks on any info.

2 GBB chamber springs, a slide backplate, a semi and auto sear, screw keeping the GBB chamber in, GBB chamber/cylinder, GBB pistonhead and its screw, Inner barrel, complete hop unit, rubber O-ring to keep inner barrel center in outer barrel, recoilspring... thats about it :).

I tried that idea too, it's actually quite much, will probably cost you same/more and not every parts is commonly available

2 GBB chamber springs, a slide backplate, a semi and auto sear, screw keeping the GBB chamber in, GBB chamber/cylinder, GBB pistonhead and its screw, Inner barrel, complete hop unit, rubber O-ring to keep inner barrel center in outer barrel, recoilspring... thats about it :).

I tried that idea too, it's actually quite much, will probably cost you same/more and not every parts is commonly available

DAMN.

Well, does anyone know how well the gun has held up as a primary? Thinking, when i get the FPG, to use it as my primary CQB rifle.

Your standard KSC Glock is a tad to inaccurate for a primary IMO.

I wanted to use it as a fullauto (panic-spray) backup when sniping. But I never got around sniping ( not yet ;) )

I used it successfully as a room-clearer going from woodland to CQB, switching from an M16.

The CQB area I'm talking about are very claustrophobic bunker rooms.

If you do this, make sure you have a good and powerful M3-like weapon light . It helps wonders.

Other that that. No, sorry :(. I wish it could, because I have one and it's collecting dust...

Hope other opinions tell you otherwise, these are only MY experiences. And I'm not so good at CQB ;)

Majority of our games are CQC and we're converting a warehouse into a CQB facility hence the interest in the FPG. Im still gonna get the darned thing bc its just cool, any interest in selling me yours ? tongue.gif

Im gonna be using the FPG as a field primary, and use my Glock as my secondary. Or just go back and forth between the two when playing games. I try not to do long shots and use tactics to take out opposition, so getting range out of it is not really a concern. But getting FPS out of it is.

Has anyone upgraded the Recoil Spring, Hammer, Valve, Barrel etc. . ? What FPS is this thing clocking in at?

• 2 weeks later...

I also came up with an easy, non-permanent (you cannot change it mid game, though) fix for the walking selector. Superglue. I dumped mag after mag through it, and it works flawlessly with just a dab of superglue. Easy to get off too, as superglue doesn't bond so well to painted metal, all you need is something to chip it off or some acetone, etc.

Just did this to mine, it may be a pain that you're stuck to one fire mode and obviously there's the take-down issue, but for the price of actually getting the gun to work it's totally worth it. Thanks for the hint Vercingetorix, finally got my FPG properly working after 6+ months of it being a pointless transformers toy. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I picked one up recently from Evike and the thing is awesome. Alot smaller than I thought it would be, but very fun to shoot.

Curious though on how to remove the orangepaint. I've used rubbing alcohol and it doesn't dissolve the paint. Looking for a non abrasive suggestion. Any help?