• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have any issues with installing the kit? I tried two different slides, one a KWA and one a KSC and they were both really tight and wouldn't slide freely. I actually managed to sand down the slide rails on the upper to make it fit and slide back and forth freely, but it doesn't shoot properly. It will shoot about half of the BBs out, then stop feeding. Will still blowback, but not strong enough to chamber the next round.

Did I get a defective kit? Does anyone know how Redwolf handles returns? Do you have to pay for postage?

initially it sounded like it was the knockoff kit, but you mentioned redwold so im assuming you purchased the kit from redwolf. and they are both g18c slides right?

Yes. And I just got a response back saying that this is normal "slight tolerance" and that I should lightly sand the rails...which would mean that I would need to disassemble the whole damn thing. I'm not happy right now.

I havent really heard about anyone having to do so. how old is your g18c? an older one should have enough wear by now. clean out the grime and gunk from the slides rails. If its new and barely used then i could see why it could be of a tighter fit

One is old and the other isn't that old/used. They both have problems fitting properly, without grime and/or gunk.

Nope. You use KSC/KWA Extended Glock mags and swap out the base plate with the one Magpul PTS supplies with the FPG. They supplied me with one mag and a few spare base plates. The other 4 long mags are mine that I bought specifically for the gun. I've generally been pretty impressed with KSC/KWA mags over the years ... most of my mags for the many guns they make that I own don't leak.

Apparently you can get those baseplates separately;

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-fpgtm-magazine-cover-for-ksc-kwa-glock-series-magazine-3pcs.html

... and you can also purchase them swapped already (for KWA extended mags, at least)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-kwa-pts-49rd-fpg-magazine-for-folding-pistol-gun.html

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine in yesterday, full weapon system from ASGI and the first thing I can say is I'm impressed.

The gun you get from ASGI comes a done deal from KWA and has an extended inner and outer barrel on board.

FPS was 348/351 with .20 and a ROF @ 13 per using green gas. Build quality is above average, the polymer body is solid and feels robust despite having near no metal except the M18c slide inside. Accessing the slide and hop up is made easy with the push of a button that flips the top open. Not as refined as the MP 7 but it dose what the MP 7 can't, that is the ability to fit in a cargo pocket or hydration style backpack with room to spare little added weight. This platform dose everything a pistol can and everything it can't in one package.

Accuracy is great at 60 ft, can't wait to see what this GBBP can do at mid range when I take it to a local CQB game.

IMAG0097.jpg

Any chance someone could take a quick picture of this area for me?

IMAG0045.jpg

As you can see the spring there that pushes the stock part in to place when the gun's deployed has slipped out of its' intended position, probably when I fitted the 1-pt sling hook. So if anyone could post up a reference picture so I can put this back in to its' proper place it'd be very handy.

No pictures cause i'm at my dads house, but I will give you some info.

It comes with a kwa magazine with the new magpul floor plate. The barrel is now longer, inner and outer. I have had 0 problems that seem to be specified with the older ones.

Performs fine, everything is good. The slide has the updated selector, no sights, no trades, no serrations, etc.

Any more questions?

Edited by Short Stack
  • 11 months later...

It's been a year now since I got my full FPG from ASGI. Have not used it as much as my other SMG, it's got 50 or so mags through it and all have been full auto. I avoid whipping it open with any force, I don't want to beat the snot out of it. It's still going strong and it's a great back up over most of my pistols. That little gun makes a lot of noise when you pull a burst. The plus is it puts heads down, the minus is it attracts unwanted attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Really weighing up an MFG with a KWA mp7.... The extra 10 rounds in the clip and generally more availability counts for the FPG. Decisions, decisions...

I have had both, I loved the MP7 and ran that as my main gun for ages. Have just sold it as I bought a G&P M7A1 and have kept the FPG.

Accuracy and FPS is better on the MP7, but the FPG is alot of fun!

Lee

The guys at the CQB indoor place hate my MP7, it just adapts to any situation. It's a big pistol, then with the foregrip down an SMG and with the stock extended, on the edge of being a PDW type rifle. All that aside, the fist time you have a DMR or a sniper loadout and need or want something a little more vicious than your standard GBB pistol. Either when going into a building or someone is inside your field designated minimum engagement distance for your high power bolt action. The FPG is and awesome shock and awe gun in room clearing. It's loud and the ROF is crazy fun. Without adjustable sights I put a laser on mine. When I have to sling my rife to cover ground quickly or have a group of targets about to walk over my position. I pull that thing out of the utility pouch and hit the release, in a second it's a full auto BB hose. Just enough fire power to get me out of heat.

Edited by Special K
  • 4 weeks later...