AEG trigger problem

Wisey

I have a Galaxy MP5k I've been putting together as a project with a element (I think) AK wiring loom. I can get it work fine but after a few shots and few uses of the trigger the electronics of the trigger just stop working. If I bypass the trigger everything works just fine. I've had the gearbox open twice and each time just bent the two pins closer to each other and the trigger has started working again. Any ideas on how to stop this from recuring? Also, once after three or four of seconds of shooting the trigger stopped working and a small amount of smoke came out of the front end of the gun (I quickly unplugged the battery) but I couldn't seem to find a problem with wiring. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Wisey

Putting the smoking issue aside, V3 trigger switches can be a little problematic with the selector plate electrical safety, I normally wedge a bit of plasticard or similar under them to keep them pressed out against the metal tab on the selector plate.

You may want to check your contacts for 'crud' caused by electrical arcing.

Now, if a gun is producing smoke then that could be indicative of a short somewhere in the wiring (check for breaks in the sheathing, the fuse blowing or the battery back dying, you're going to have to check everything very closely.

Is the battery one of those chinese ones that comes with it or another brand?

Hey,

I tried two different Element wiring loom sin my V2 gearboxes. There were pants, worst things I've bought made by Element. The plastic insulting the wire just tore of when i pressed them into the gearbox groves using a screw driver. The wire was made to look like the System wire set, with a pseudo silver wire look. The wiring they use is in no way comparable to the Systema set. in then end they were dumped and I never used them again.

Do your self a favour and buy a better quality set or buy the wiring and solder a new wring loom for yourself.

J.

Not sure what version gearbox you have but can switching to full auto and doing a quick burst fix it? If it does you are suffering from semi-auto lock which v2's suffer from. My box does it occasionally.

I have a link to a good forum thread on this, and how to minimise this if you find it is..

Thanks for the replies guys! I had a quick look at the gun this morning again, tested the motor on a separate circuit and that works just fine. It also turns the gearbox over fine when not using the wiring loom. I've checked the wires and they all seem fine.

I thought the smoke might have been the wiring sorting out on the gear box so I insulated the join I had but I'm not completely sure if thats got it.

The battery is one I got from JG AK (JG Works).

I still need to check the wiring properly. Like I said I think the problem is with the contacts in the gearbox in small section of black plastic. As when I touch a screwdriver accross the contacts on that black peice (yeah, I know I shouldn't, but I was getting sick of it at this point) the motor rotated and the fired the gun just fine.

Can't look at it again for 2 weeks or so because I'm at my uni house and haven't brought it with me...

Are the contacts you jumped with the screwdriver those that make contact with the selector plate, or the internal switch contacts?

If they are the former, you may just need to bend them out a bit so they will make contact with the selector plate. (Assuming the selector plate has the metal plate on it.)

If the latter, you may need to bend the contacts in toward each other a bit so that sliding part of the switch will make contact.

The latter, although I haven't checked the contacts on the selector plate. What I think seems to be happening is I bend the two pieces inside the gearbox towards each other so they make a circuit with the sliding part, but after a few uses of the trigger the contacts become pushed to far out to contact the sliding part and make the circuit.

Thanks,

Wisey

Archived