PM system is now back online

The PM system is now offline to allow old PMs to be converted and imported. It'll be re-enabled when complete. Unfortunately there's no way around this and some PMs sent between the server move and now will be lost. There's no way around this sadly. All PMs prior to the move have been backed up and will appear in inboxes hopefully tonight if the script runs quick enough :)

Edit: okay it's now back online for everyone.

I am leaving the PM rebuild to run in the background. At the same time I've got the posts rebuilding too. This will slow the server down a little, but I have to crunch several years of data to get our forum back up to date. About 1/3 of the PMs are done, ETA on that is 12-24hrs. The posts are rebuilding, but there's a lot to do, that may take another 2-3 days depending on speed.

There are 334,694 total so that's 20,000 ish left to do. Should be done tonight so I can re-enable the PM system when I get back up in the morning. Yay!

Then I'll just have the posts to rebuild... thankfully I can do that while the board is online.

PMs all rebuilt, system turned back on for everyone.

PMs since the move will have been lost (completely unavoidable) however al PMs prior to move have been recovered. There may be a few duplicates in inboxes because of the way the upgrade worked, just delete any duplicate messages in your inboxes ;)

That's cool Arnie. I'll make new folders and resort the PM's. At least all the old PM's were restored, that's definitely the most important aspect of the issue at hand.

On a somewhat related note, I recall a long time ago, members could become Arnie supporters (with donations) and a larger allotment was given to them for PM's and galleries. Could that be reinstated possibly? :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.