Last week, tired of waiting for the CZ75 to come out, I was searching around airsoftgi to pick out a suitable sidearm to use in the meantime. But then, lo and behold, right there on the list, was the long awaited CZ75. So after finding a closer store with a better price (Airsoftoutletnw) I threw all the money I had in my paypal account at them and eagerly awaited my new purchase.

It came yesterday morning (And so did I, do ho ho), and here's what I think so far.

Look and feel / First impressions

img3580v.th.jpg img3588w.th.jpg img3589dx.th.jpg

Picking it up out of the box, the first thing that struck me is how big and substantial it feels. This is easily the most solid pistol I've ever owned. Despite only being a little bigger than a 1911, it somehow just feels BIG, even with my fairly large hands. It's also fairly hefty, being a big, chunky, full metal gun. It's not terribly heavy per say, but it certainly has a very convincing and solid weight in the hand. The grip is fairly slender for a double-stack pistol, and has a deep scallop, making it very comfortable to hold and easy to handle. The sights are very tall, with a wide notch in the back and a plenty large blade in the front. They are very clear and easy to acquire.

img3584r.th.jpg img3591.th.jpg img3582a.th.jpg img3590i.th.jpg img3587u.th.jpg

Out of the box, it had not even a single drop of lubricant in it. After proper lubrication, all the controls function incredibly smoothly, and make all the right clicks and clacks. The slide however, still feels just a little sticky, though this might just be because of the recoil spring. The double action is heavy but smooth and crisp. One on thing about it though, is that if you pull the trigger too fast, the hammer stops at half cock, until you pull the trigger again a little slower. I'm not sure if this is a safety mechanism, or a flaw in the design. Either way though, it hasn't been a problem in actual shooting. The single action is the lightest I've ever felt on a stock gun I doubt it's even 1lb. You don't even feel a click when the trigger engages the hammer, it just moves right through.

I always thought the controls on the CZ75 looked odd, but they are actually very comfortable when you get used to them. The safety is very easily accessible right above the thumb, and the slide release, while small, is easy to get to and use, just like on the 1911. Something interesting to note, is that the safety only works when the hammer is down. As such, the double action trigger is the main safety mechanism when the gun is not cocked.

img3603.th.jpg

The overall finish, is not that great out of the box. It's a plain, flat black, and looks almost like plastic. However, this is cleared up after rubbing in a little bit of silicon oil, and roughing it up a bit with a rough cloth (Or sandpaper, if you REALLY want it to look rough). The trademarks are awful, but don't really stand out too much when you actually have it in your hand. They feel embossed though, so I think they could just be painted on. If so, they wouldn't be hard to remove.

The magazines are solid and heavy, with no real markings or anything. They are very easy to load, as the bb follower catches on a little lip at the bottom of the track, so you just drop 22 bbs in and release the follower. They have a silent fill valve, and seem to hold quite a bit of gas.

Disassembling

Getting into the guts of the gun is pretty simple, although different from most other popular automatics. First you pull the slide back a few millimeters, until the two notches on the slide and frame line up. Then you pull out the slide release, and pull the slide forward.

img3595p.th.jpg img3594f.th.jpg img3598.th.jpg img3599w.th.jpg img3600q.th.jpg img3601t.th.jpg img3602m.th.jpg

Shooting

After gassing up the mag, and loading it full of madbull .25's, I headed out to take it for a spin. The first shot left my eyes wide and my mouth agape. Shooting this thing, is not like any other gun I've shot. With propane it cycles amazingly fast, has incredible kick for a standard size pistol (My old desert eagle is the only pistol that kicks harder), and makes a loud report somewhere in between a snap, crack, and a pop. Shooting one handed, the recoil shakes my whole arm up to the shoulder. That might not be saying a whole lot, seeing as I have little wimpy girl arms, but still IT'S REALLY COOL. The hop up is located right in front of the chamber, and is adjusted with an included tool, just like the glock. Right now, the hop up seems a little touchy, but I think I just need to break it in some more.

Unfortunately, actual target shooting was a bit of a letdown. At 45 feet, I could only hit a water bottle reliably 6 times out of 22. Shots would often come close, but there were also many fliers. Here are my results firing at a cardboard box at the same distance with 15 rounds. For the first target, I shot slow, and just tried to get a good grouping. On the second, I just fired off all my rounds as fast as I could while keeping it on target. The point of aim on both, was the Lowes logo

img3579w.th.jpg img3578k.th.jpg

I think the poor accuracy can be attributed to either my overzealous lubing, or the simple fact that this is a brand new gun, and it just needs to be broken in some more. Once I've had it a little longer and shot some more, and taken it to skirmishes, I will post my revised results.

Conclusion

Overall, I absolutely love this gun. It looks great, feels great, and shoots like a dream (Well, except in terms of accuracy...). Plus, it's great to finally have an eastern bloc pistol, AND it's the signature gun of Rally Vincent which is awesome in and of itself. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who wants to complete their Eastern loadout, cosplay, or just wants a good solid gun that stands out a little from all the rest.

Look - 4/5 Trades and the boring finish keep it from being perfect

Feel - 5/5 Spot on perfect. In terms of feel and operation it blows every other gun I've used out of the water

Power - ?/5 I don't have a chrono, or even a pop can. It seems pretty powerful though...

Accuracy - 2/5 Fine for shooting someone in cqb with no cover. I really hope this improves once it's more broken in

Value for money 5/5 I've never been happier with a purchase

I actually don't have any cans around. When I get some in a few days I'll do a power test.

Okay, so I cleaned the barrel out thoroughly (Really should have done that first, I apologize for the misleading results) and have fired off about 100 more rounds. Right now, the accuracy has tightened to about a square foot at 45ft, both in controlled and rapid fire. The accuracy is getting better with every fresh mag I put in. The slide has lost it's stickiness too, though it really could use a better quality recoil spring. Another thing I forgot to mention, this gun has very good range. I would eyeball at least a good 150ft effective range with .25's. And also, gas efficiency is the best of any gun I've ever used. With regular shooting, I can get around 50-60 rounds out of a charge, and about 30-40 rapid fire, and it still locks back until the last 10 or so.

After testing it all day, and finding the accuracy tighten up, I can safely say this is the best handgun I've ever used. I would feel totally confident bringing this to a game alone, and using it instead of a rifle.

Edited by Cliffor
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, that's right. I always forget little things like that. There is no decocker. I don't think the original had one either, did it? As far as I know, it was omitted so it could be carried "cocked and locked"

Yeah, the CZ-75 is unusual for double-action pistols, the safety only puts it in safe, rather than decocking and putting it in safe, or just decocking like the Sig pistols do. But from your review, it sounds like the KWA doesn't do that, do you really have to have the hammer down to put it in safe?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I LOVE THIS GUN, it's probably one of my favorite pistol, being tied with the SIG P210

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

I won't go into details since it looks like it's already been gone through.

Except mine has acceptable accuracy. It's actually pretty good for KSC, not marui standards, but good.

Edited by Donut

Yeah, the CZ-75 is unusual for double-action pistols, the safety only puts it in safe, rather than decocking and putting it in safe, or just decocking like the Sig pistols do. But from your review, it sounds like the KWA doesn't do that, do you really have to have the hammer down to put it in safe?

Aye the proper way to build a Double Action, so you can carry it cocked and locked like a single action. The KSC can be put on Safe while it is cocked. I've had a metal one for years love it to bits.

I just ordered one because I want a GBB and this looks like the best choice for a full metal gun. :P So I'll be posting first impressions and possibly a video when I get it next week.

I hope the accuracy isn't what you found. The guy at Red dragon airsoft made an accuracy video and actually, he found it to be very accurate at 150 feet. 0_o

Here's his video:

Sorry guys, totally forgot about this thread :(

To answer some questions, no the outer barrel is not metal, it's plastic. Though it's pretty nice plastic, and seems like it'll hold up to a good amount of abuse. The rear sight is molded into the slide, the front is not, though I'm not sure how to remove it. Probably by a screw inside the slide or something. The safety can only be activated when the hammer is down. As for holsters, I just use a big old leather revolver holster. It fits pretty much anything, and actually doesn't look out of place at all on my pistol belt.

Also, I found out my accuracy was all the fault of the bb's. With every other brand and weight I've tried through it, the accuracy has been exceptional, even out at long range. It's a shame I can't edit the original post and replace those botched results. So yeah, never use madbull bios. (Unless you want good spread for a SAW or Shotgun without losing range, I guess)

Man, Donut, seeing the those pics makes me wish I'd waited for the KSC version. Those trades are so very sexy

Edited by Cliffor

:D

They sure are. I love this pistol to death that I'm probably just going to sell my TM 5-7. As for holsters, you can get the Fobus CZ75 paddle holster for your black tacticool needs, or you could always get the leather galco options.

IMG_0404.jpg

I plan to just shove my CZ75 in there, that's a P210, but the dimensions are similar enough that it should work. It's a 1911 holster to begin with anyways though, I just take it and shove whatever I have in there :P

A quick bit of news for those curious as to performance. The review was spot on in terms of how it shoots. As for fps, out here in the hot california weather it was chrono'd between 305-267 (last shot on a cold mag) with green gas. Another thing to note is the slide doesnt feel perfectly smooth when racked back, almost as if the slide has a little too much friction to the lower frame. However that doesn't seem to affect cycling at all during shooting, as the blowback is crisp and the report is impressive.