MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

But you'll need to change the cylinder too so it won't actually be that quick.

Wait ... Why do you need to change the cylinder? I've switched barrels before from a 10.5" barrel to a 14.5", even a 16" barrel and haven't touched the cylinder between setups. Sure I had to adjust the hopUp setting, but that was to be expected.

Wait ... Why do you need to change the cylinder? I've switched barrels before from a 10.5" barrel to a 14.5", even a 16" barrel and haven't touched the cylinder between setups. Sure I had to adjust the hopUp setting, but that was to be expected.

Depends how the Cylinder is ported.

If it's ported up to a certain inner barrel lenght, using a too long inner barrel could give you bad results.

Edited by LastSpartan

The cylinder porting is arguable.

The only absolute is that you need Type 0 when going long, you dont need ported to go short.

Still rather psyched about it. Only nagging thing is the missing U in Magpul Ind_stries on the receiver, and i wasnt really keen to the selector being that lowprofile.

As always hoping price doesnt skyrocket. Looking forward to a full teardown review.

Edited by Azulsky

Only nagging thing is the missing U in Magpul Ind_stries on the receiver, and i wasnt really keen to the selector being that lowprofile.

The missing U was intentional. All the samples had that. The selector being low profile ... not much to be done there as that's how Magpul I. designed it. ;)

That's not really necessary.

In an AEG the air is compressed as the BB moves down the barrel, but because it's compressed by a spring the pressure isn't constant. Instead the pressure increases as the piston accelerates. So you only want it to be actually pushing the BB down the barrel when it's moving at it's fastest. This means you'll transfer as much energy as possible to the BB. If you have a non-ported cylinder and a short barrel, you waste a good amount of the kinetic energy stored in the spring as the BB has left the barrel before the piston head hits the cylinder head. This equals lower FPS. I've also read about the extra air causing turbulence behind the BB and spoiling accuracy. :wide-eyed:

So, the question remains.

What happens when you inevitably crack the V2 type shell at the front in some point? Is PTS going to sell the propietary shell as a replacement?

You move to a climate where you can wear sandals 24/7 365 and you keep the spring reasonable

What happens when you inevitably crack the V2 type shell at the front in some point? Is PTS going to sell the propietary shell as a replacement?

According to PTS, they fully intend to support this product with spare parts, especially the proprietary parts.

Not likely. It'll be out in July, but probably not as soon as next week.

I guess we'll see, but I'll take your word over theirs. :)

Oh, and any words on price yet? Or at least if the standard version (without all the extra parts, anyways) is under 400$?

Edited by GnGArmament

I guess we'll see, but I'll take your word over theirs. :)

Oh, and any words on price yet? Or at least if the standard version (without all the extra parts, anyways) is under 400$?

Didnt uscm say $450 for the standard version? Im pretty sure the folding stock is somewhere in the $75-125 range.

Didnt uscm say $450 for the standard version? Im pretty sure the folding stock is somewhere in the $75-125 range.

I'm not clear on the price currently. So much has been in flux over the last few months and they've been working as fast as possible to get everything in line for release. Labor costs, material costs, transportation costs, it all fluctuates as time passes and this has a direct effect on the final unit cost. I'm guessing they're still shooting for the same price as before, but until the MSRP is officially announced, it's impossible to say.

I'm not clear on the price currently. So much has been in flux over the last few months and they've been working as fast as possible to get everything in line for release. Labor costs, material costs, transportation costs, it all fluctuates as time passes and this has a direct effect on the final unit cost. I'm guessing they're still shooting for the same price as before, but until the MSRP is officially announced, it's impossible to say.

ok,

1: inner barrle length for the barrles?(current one,and shoortest one)

can it use E1 mags?

No information currently.

If it's based off the TM Spec, then probably.

thanks alot man smile.gif

and for a rerawrd.....some info

ACR Will be in store Mid-July!YAY!after months of "delays"it will be here in a few weeks,by summers end all stores will have it along with many Accsioures(stocks,gearbox,ect)

Iam talking about july of course,the colors will be black and tan

And what are you plan on doing with your ACR?im thinking of the ras hanfgaurd,prommy barrle,standard or CQB barrle,ACOG(with docter sight)the grip usmc has on his,silencer,and a m203 maybe

link to the letter

Edited by SuperKingBigNuts

Very sorry,but im kinda getting used to my EXTREMLY small key board on my laptop,my hands are to big sad.gif butcleaned it up a bit

Definitely not an excuse... But how could you possibly know when they're coming out as opposed to someone like uscmCorps? You seem like you're just making it up, or just emailed an ASGI rep and asked them and they told you when they were expecting them or something.

Definitely not an excuse... But how could you possibly know when they're coming out as opposed to someone like uscmCorps? You seem like you're just making it up, or just emailed an ASGI rep and asked them and they told you when they were expecting them or something.

half way right,but a magpul executive emailed one of the shops him self,so thats where i got it from if thee link is up, heres the letter

google airsoft outlet Nw

click news and outlet

then airsoft news

then idustry sitrep

then youll find it

Edited by SuperKingBigNuts

Dude, Linking to it would have been way easier.

http://www.airsoftou...UL-PTS-ACR.html

Wednesday, 23 June 2010Lately we've been getting a lot of questions about MAGPUL's PTS ACR and its release date. Rumors are circulating and no one has been able to give a definitive answer to when it will be released. So I decided to email MAGPUL-PTS in Hong Kong and ask for some more details and this is what they said:

"Dear Ben,

Thanks for your effort about the announcement at the 2010 Shot Show. The first batch of the ACR (both Black and Dark Earth) will be available at around mid July, details announcement will be made shortly.

Best Regards,

Robert Lam"

Edited by BrooklynBorn