MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Generally if Magpul makes it in a certain color, Magpul PTS will do so too. From what I was told, Magpul PTS was seeing very low volume sales with OD Green products and so elected not to do that color anymore. That, coupled with the fact that there wasn't any significant demand from retailers and distributors for OD Green products made the incentive to do that color non-existent. At the end of the day, the world airsoft community is far smaller than the US RS community, and Magpul PTS has to be more selective about where they spend money.

That said, with the US army officially moving towards multicam, we may start seeing a reduction in the FG accessories and an increase in OD Green accessories.

Well that's always seemed fairly evident to me, everyone and his dog, and the dog's fleas, buys FDE. It's rare enough to see a gun with black accessories let alone FG or OD, but then it makes me wonder why they dis-continue OD and carry on with the other 2. Of course that's just based on what I see at the field and on the forums, I don't know the sales figures, just seems to me that it's essentially all FDE out there, some black parts being bought and pretty much none of the other two.

To be entirely honest I can just buy the real stuff from the states if I want it anyway; e.g. a RS CTR stock from SKD Tactical doesn't work out to be all that much more money than the PTS equivalent from eHobby, which considering it's better made anyway, I'm perfectly happy with paying. I just like having the option, and dis-like having option taken away from me. I can hardly blame PTS for making sensible business decisions, and while I understand said decisions, I'm still not happy with them.

End of the day, airsoft 'fashion' is derived from the real conflicts of the time. It just happens that Iraq/Afghan has been going on for some time, therefore 'the real guys' are using desert colour everything, and as a result so are airsofters. I skirmish at a woodland site, and half the people there are rocking kit that should place them amidst a load of sand, not trees and mud. Of course, airsoft as a hobby is all about personal preference, if you want to wear desert camo and tan LBE in the woods then that's entirely your decision, crack on, doesn't change the fact it's a poor choice of equipment for your operating environment.

Anyway, getting a bit off-topic there. I've made a decision and I'm getting a black ACR along with the relevant kit to cover it in Duracoat Magpul OD, problem solved. Now just to find out how on earth airbrushes work, why couldn't they just make the stuff in spray cans...

End of the day, airsoft 'fashion' is derived from the real conflicts of the time. It just happens that Iraq/Afghan has been going on for some time, therefore 'the real guys' are using desert colour everything, and as a result so are airsofters. I skirmish at a woodland site, and half the people there are rocking kit that should place them amidst a load of sand, not trees and mud. Of course, airsoft as a hobby is all about personal preference, if you want to wear desert camo and tan LBE in the woods then that's entirely your decision, crack on, doesn't change the fact it's a poor choice of equipment for your operating environment.

Sorry if this is off topic, but there are quite a few people here who would agree camo dosent do much in airsoft.

Just saying thats why alot dont mind useing tan. That may not be everyone's opinion, but I know that whats most tan users I know say.

Anyways, Id figure FDE would go much better with multicam than OD. o.O

Cant wait to see the FDE ACR.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

The goodly number of people who almost stumbled over me wearing multicam would have to disagree with thatB). And it's not like there are too many deserts in western Europe.

Anyways, I've always had the impression that MC was best combined with tan or FDE or whatever other generic light brown-ish color denomination happens to be the case...

Sorry if this is off topic, but there are quite a few people here who would agree camo dosent do much in airsoft.

Just saying thats why alot dont mind useing tan. That may not be everyone's opinion, but I know that whats most tan users I know say.

Then those people are idiots.

All other factors aside, you are far less likely to see someone in a disruptive camouflage pattern than if they are wearing a solid colour.

The lack of camouflage is not a game-breaker by any means, mostly because people don't use it effectively most of the time, but if used effectively it can swing things in your favour immensely.

Come on guys theres a specific thread for this This as about the ACR not camo :)

This might have been put down somewhere and iv missed it but tim or anyone can you tell me whats going to be the standard out of the box stock on the ACR thanks

How exactly is discussing the colours the ACR comes not classed as discussing the ACR? Regardless of that, I'm certainly not aware of any specific thread that's all about comparisons of various spray paints vs magpul's colours either, if you do know of one that's active and could point me at it that would be much appreciated.

Anyway, as has been mentioned many times in the thread by numerous people and again on the last page right before this one by USCM, the standard supplied stock will be the fixed variety, i.e. only the cheek rest is adjustable.